I know they're gimmicky, but I still like them

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by myownprivy, Apr 19, 2017.

1. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

I don't enjoy buying anything which is overpriced. That applies to live in general. In fact, I don't really enjoy buying anything unless it is a bargain. How do you think I saved enough money to buy a few coins?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. M_Town

M_Town New Member

I bought the Privateer series, don't have any regrets and enjoy owning them. Best deal for enjoyment showing it off was a silver Proof Trump Dollar I bought several months before the election, brought a smile from everyone I showed it to.

When I first got into buying silver pieces I visited a couple pawn shops a week. Might find something I wanted, might not but I found looking enjoyable. Due to work situation and no extra money I haven't done this in a while but if situation changes I might start again.

It has been a fun thing for me from the beginning. I will pay extra for something I find interesting or am impressed with the quality but there is a limit as to how far that goes. What that limit is I cannot define but I know it when I see it.

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  4. dave_in_delaware

dave_in_delaware Active Member

I've bough the RCM's Birds of Prey series for my wife as a Christmas present last year, because she likes those types of birds. And a few secondary market silver rounds because they have horses on them, because she likes horses.

I've bought the Zombucks series for myself because I thought they were an interesting design idea. Also got the copper set, too.

I plan on getting the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse series from Provident Metals, as well as the 1.25" cubes of other precious (and not so precious) metals, just because I think they're neat (and I'm a bit of a nerd).

I have a few silver .45 caliber bullets, and plan on getting some of the larger sizes eventually.

As a collector, I have to collect things that interest me, right? I don't plan on selling any to make a profit. I just want them because they make me happy.

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  5. Prime Mover

Prime Mover Active Member

I bought the larger 2oz .308 "bullets" a while back. If you like the .45's, the larger ones are just as good. Craftsmanship is very nice, and it's a neat conversation piece. Only thing I wish is that the container was clear plastic so I could put them up somewhere in a display, and not have to take them out of the package to show them.

I'm a collector first, stacker second. I did the Privateer series, have some of the zombucks, probably will do the queens' beasts, etc because they are artfully done, very nice designs. I do love the Perth Dragon series, collected one set of those again, because of the art and design.

I'll have to go look at those cubes, that is interesting...

6. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

I started a thread (silver rounds for collecting) for members to show their bullion pieces. Please add some pics and description, if you're up to it. Yep, collectable bullion. There are plenty out there. (thread disruption over)

Prime Mover likes this.
  7. dave_in_delaware

dave_in_delaware Active Member

I think they're pretty cool.

Provident Metals has Magnesium, Titanium, Zirconium, and Copper 1.25" cubes, and larger cubes, as well as spheres. And the bullets.

8. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Got about $25 an ounce in these 10 ounces. Was a fun set to put together, nice designs imo.

20.jpg

9. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Those are nicely detailed. Just so many types to choose from.

10. davidharmier60firefox

davidharmier60firefox Well-Known Member

The only one that floats my boat is of course the one with a ship on it....

11. mrbreeze

mrbreeze Well-Known Member

I also have some of the 1 ounce and 2 ounce bullets. I bought one of the shotgun shells as well, but it was a present for someone else, so I reluctantly gave it away. As cool as some of these things look on-the-line, the feeling of holding them is just as cool. I try not to pick up any silver at shows or I will be forced to pay the plaid premium for the "feels cool" factor.

12. RhinoEmpire

RhinoEmpire Hi-Yo (Ag)

The premium over spot on this was outrageous, but I love the coin and leave it on my desk. Everything else is stored in a safety deposit box. In a way, I get the most use out of this coin, and it costs nothing to store :) IMG_5663.JPG

13. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

In the last few weeks I haver reclaimed by discipline and am no longer ever buying gimmicky high premium garbage. The privy coins and queen's beasts are very tempting, but I will not allow myself to indulge.

I have returned to buying buying widely recognized government issued bullion coins (gold and silver) and circulated currency containing silver.

14. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

Draft saved Draft deleted