I BOUGHT SILVER -- MIGHT HAVE SCAMMED the PAWN SHOP

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by goldcollector, Aug 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvergmen

Silvergmen SILVER & MORGAN Obsessed

Hmm... you are right my crystal ball has now told me all things that go on in the forum.

Well, my feedback as a newer forum member would be that we should try to make an inviting environment for coin enthusiasts. Maybe we should leave the private legal battles to the people that are directly involved (and maybe forum moderators) and not post unrelated posts, etc. People come here for fun, knowledge, fellowship, etc. Lets do our best not to make this an uncomfortable environment.

Mountain Man likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Silvergmen

Why do you "hate" silver that seems like a strong word. Just curious.

4. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

this ought to be good..

Oldhoopster likes this.
  5. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

He hates silver because something about it causes him to scam other people? Maybe somebody could post a picture of a doll and he could show us where silver touched him on the doll?

6. atcarroll

atcarroll Well-Known Member

I noticed that, anytime anyone says anything about it, it goes unanswered.

7. atcarroll

Ok guy, you've been here 10 minutes, please tell me what the rules are.

8. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

The OP who started this thread is a certified thief that we have been trying to get rid of for at least a couple of years! He deserves nothing less than what he gets and for whatever reason he is a glutton for punishment as he keeps coming back for more abuse! Staff here at CoinTalk will not ban him for legal reasons. Hope that explains things to you and @Silvergmen!

9. atcarroll

yeah, i gathered that much. he's lucky it's not me he ripped off, i'd dog him through the courts and raise his blood pressure to a very unhealthy level.

slackaction1 and fretboard like this.
  10. Silvergmen

I'm sorry about this situation. That said, its tough enough to get new people into this Hobby (especially younger people) and my point is that we dont want to alienate people who are new to collecting or to the forum by having these kind of posts all over the place. Its something for you to consider, i am fully aware you can say whatever you want and that i am new. But lets not let a few bad apples ruin the forum. Thanks for considering.

DEA, Mountain Man and fretboard like this.
  11. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

box checked

12. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Because it is, always has been, always will be a horrible "investment". Yes it's gone up a few bucks the last few months and here comes the silver crowd. Nothing goes down forever, yet silver was starting to make me wonder about that. Silver last 10 years --- down almost 40% . Last 7 years down. Last 5 years down. Last 3 years down. All these same time periods Gold is up huge.

13. atcarroll

Did you rip garlicus off? Yes or no. Is there substance to those allegations? I'm straight up asking you.

GH#75, Dynoking and Kentucky like this.
  14. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Show us on the doll where silver touched you.

If you had any real grasp of recent history you'd understand that silver is a true speculative play, it's not a store of wealth.

It's ok if you're trying to take over for Bellman and want to tell us some sob story about silver causing one of your compulsive friends to go bust, but we really don't take thieves serious on here....or idiots...or scammers...

slackaction1 and fretboard like this.
  15. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Great question and it would be very easy for a normal person to answer! Problem is you're not dealing with a normal person here whatsoever! Somehow he gets a thrill out of irritating people and there's nothing anyone can say or do to get through to him at all! Dude has some deep-seated mental health issues and he's heard me say that before too and he ignores me just like he ignores everyone else. good luck @atcarroll :D

Spark1951, slackaction1 and Garlicus like this.
  16. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

@Silvergmen here is a link to a thread that will give you some history on @goldcollector I understand your sentiment in encouraging collectors, however I strongly recommend reading some of the background of this member before blindly defending him.

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/silver-will-be-worth-more-than-gold.252966/page-4#post-4659206

He not only only cheated another respected member here, he also has a habit of being extremely rude and condescending to anyone who doesn't agree with his opinions on silver bullion. In the last few months he has been resurrecting 5-10 year old threads and making fun of those who made incorrect predictions about silver.

That's why he is treated as a pariah in this board. Feel free to search the archives, read his posts and then decide if he should be defended. Hope this helps

fretboard, Garlicus and slackaction1 like this.
  17. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Ya know, I really don't like doing this but enough is enough. As everybody here knows CT staff will not become involved in any way with transactions between members. But what we will do, what I will do, is enforce the rules of this forum, and that includes calling people names as has happened numerous times in this thread.

So fair warning, if I see or hear of any more of it, infractions and the points they carry with them will be given for each and every time it happens. And points add up, get enough of them and you will talk yourself right into a mandatory vacation from this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.