I BOUGHT SILVER -- MIGHT HAVE SCAMMED the PAWN SHOP

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by goldcollector, Aug 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Boys I went into a Pawn Ship I have never been too here in Seattle this morning. I heard they had Gold. Lol they had a 1/4 ounce Gold Maple Leaf for $650. No thanks. Then I saw this box with 3 Morgan's marked $33. I got 3 Morgan's for $33. Lol. Surely it was supposed to be $33 each or maybe it was the price back when silver was $12 but still too low. They are real and as much as I hate silver I can't pass up Morgan's for $11 each.

Attached Files:

jonrms, GeorgeM, capthank and 4 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

Looks great! Were they drunk?

goldcollector likes this.
  4. smarch

smarch Active Member

I guess you scammed them.......do onto others.

5. rte

rte Well-Known Member

So do you like silver now? :D

If not and at least one has a cc on the back ?

You want to get out quick and double your money?

jonrms, capthank and goldcollector like this.
  6. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

The clerk said the set is $33. I said OK. Probably just doesn't know coins or that they are .7715 silver.

GeorgeM and capthank like this.
  7. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Well they want $650 for 1/4 ounce of Gold. Goes both ways I guess.

GoldFinger1969 and capthank like this.
  8. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

No they are all 1921. An S and a D and s no MM. No I hate silver but I will always buy it at 55% of current spot. Wow if one had a CC now that would be a deal.

GeorgeM and capthank like this.
  9. Silvergmen

Silvergmen SILVER & MORGAN Obsessed

Good deal!!

goldcollector likes this.
  10. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Wow, kind of like you stole them. Perhaps you should offer them for sale here.

11. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

What is the appx resale value?

12. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

At least one of them has a nice amount of luster. I assume they're very common dates and mints.

capthank likes this.
  13. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Double

$65-$70

capthank and midas1 like this.
  14. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

1921 S
    1921 D

One is pretty well worn
    Two are pretty nice

1921s are just worth silver value I'm pretty sure. Silver value about $60

15. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

I don't know if they were supposed to be $33 each or if they were priced back when silver was at bottom which was like $12. Back then it's like $28 in silver. But it's hard to think they sat there that long with no one buying them.

GeorgeM and midas1 like this.
  16. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

I think the fault is whoever put a $33 sticker on the case. It was probably supposed to be $33 each but this sells as a set not as Individual coins. It even has a Littleton case. So I think someone put a sticker meaning $33 each but the person at the counter saw it as $33 for the whole thing, which is what I was hoping as it looked that way to me to. But I knew that can't be right, but he didn't even question it. He wasn't a coin person clearly. I saw it, I asked him how much for that. He said $33. I said OK

capthank and midas1 like this.
  17. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

And you got a swell velvet-lined Littleton case to boot.

18. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Sell it and pay Garlicus 1/2 the money you stole from him...just saying...or keep the $33 it cost you and send him the other $30 to show some good faith.... or continue being worthless...whatever you choose ... you're still what you are...which isn't much

19. Silvergmen

Silvergmen SILVER & MORGAN Obsessed

Wow and I guess the owner of the pawn shop should return all the money to Everyone they ever “overcharged”. We are not talking about getting a $500 coin for $20 here. Price is what someone charges and fair is what someone will pay. He paid what they charged.

20. atcarroll

atcarroll Well-Known Member

you should lurk more, and find out what a poster is talking about, before you start bloviating. PeacePeople isn't calling Goldcollector worthless because he got a deal at a pawn shop, he's calling him worthless because, allegedly, Garlicus sent Goldcollector money to buy a coin on the bst forum, and Goldcollector never sent the coin, or the money back, from what i gather from reading other posts.

21. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

Nor has he offered a word of defense, the many times anyone has asked about it. He simply ignores them and continues to deride those that buy silver, while bloviating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.