I am in the process of reading this thread.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Pickin and Grinin, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

If you have any questions about slabbing coins or just after a good read this one is pretty good.
    https://www.cointalk.com/threads/to-slab-or-not-to-slab.1626/page-12#post-4030822

There are some classics on the first page from our good buddy @GDJMSP

Added one for fun:D
    It's too easy to get wrapped up in todays market that we forget what the fun is. And that my friends is cherry picking coins that fit our own standards and not what someone else says it is.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Wow! 2004 :wideyed:

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  4. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Same logic is true about friends and associates.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  5. Pickin and Grinin

No kiddin huh. Ole, @TRASHDIGGER replied, with a good question. I had never seen the thread, and I read a lot on CT.
    When did likes become part of CT @desertgem ?

6. Pickin and Grinin

Any one watching Daytona today?

7. desertgem

For some of us ~~Never! But its not our money running it. :)

8. Pickin and Grinin

I have seen Moderators give likes before, Is it up to the highest power if they are granted?

9. desertgem

No I didn't mean to infer that. Things were quiet in Whoville when likes came along. Some like myself thought surely it would be used with wisdom , rewarding those who brought knowledge and enlightment to the forum, and for many it was so. But once a group of members found the likes were being listed on the forum
    https://www.cointalk.com/members/?type=likes
    They immediately started liking every small post over and over. Now truly some on the like list did do much research and brought much knowledge, but much more was for social exchange, so to me likes do not exist as a ranking of honor. Just a thorn, but I am still here and contribute to the best of my ability as do others, with or without 'likes'. No one broke any rules giving multiple likes just to be clear.

Jim

10. Pickin and Grinin

I see your point Jim. I had no Idea there was a time that you could like a post more than once, Interesting.

Draft saved Draft deleted