hypothetical question about what you do AFTER silver spikes or you sell...

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by AlexN2coins2004, Sep 15, 2010.

1. WashQuartJesse

WashQuartJesse Member Supporter

With $2100, I'd buy various bulk ammunition and 2 used .357 revolvers from the 1970's or early 80's. I'd flip it all in 3 to 4 years for a 20-50% return.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pepperoni

Pepperoni Senior Member

How many people who knew a lot owned GM , AIG ,Enron , etc ?
    Consumables first than go to sectors of consumables.

4. JrCoin

JrCoin resident Michigander

Hey you saw an opportunity and made a profit. That's excellent. Many people have no problem buying but when it comes to selling, that's the hard part. Realizing a profit is what will ultimately make you money. The question becomes, "what is the next opportunity?" It seems to me that you feel the precious metals prices are high, at least short term? I would agree with that assessment. I think energy and commodities are good investment fields. My first goal would be to have a decent amount of liquid asset, you never know when a quick couple grand will come in handy (car repairs, extended sick leave, ect...) Then I would look at eliminating any consumer debt I have. The interest rates you pay on that sort of debt kills any kind of profit you could make right now. Then I would look at reducing my energy consumption expenses, provided you own your home and vehicle. Fix up the house so it requires less heating/air conditioning. Get an energy efficient appliance. Tune up your vehicle so it will last longer/ improve your mpg. Reducing your monthly/yearly expenses will have a great impact on your ability to save and invest in the future. That way when the next investment opportunity you see comes along and is right for you, you will be able to act upon it.

5. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

IMO, you should pay down/off the highest interest credit debts you owe. Some go to 25% and higher. Pay that off as you'll never get that interest from a bank account of any sort.With those high monthly payments gone you can manage your money you're not paying into a credit card and put it in a good mutual fund, (I like China & India) or buy a certified key coin and hold onto it. It will probably hold it's value if not increase in value.

Good luck.

Bruce

Draft saved Draft deleted