How would you liquidate your silver stash

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SilverTracker, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

In the event of an alien zombie apocalypse, lead over brass will be the top precious metal in demand. No question. Maybe silver bullets as a distant second.

My plan has always been to retire and become one of those "know-it-all" codgers that has all the gold, silver and rare coins that YOU seek at the coin show every few months. You won't see my stash for another 20 years or so if I'm lucky.

And if I'm not, you'll find my wife liquidating it at a garage sale for face value as I roll over in my grave! :(

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I live in terror that one day they'll come back.

4. TommyP

TommyP BS detector

Not for all.

5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Tommy, you need to have patience. It works fine, but if you haven't received a confirmation from a staff member there, you can't post yet. We have 7 staff members here, including Peter. There they only list Peter. I hope they actually have more and just didn't show them, but I do know they are short handed. We are all volunteers , so even on here , having more than 2 staff online at any one time is rare. You can start a conversation with Peter T. Davis if you wish to ask him about it. It should not be taken personal. Jim

6. aaron47

aaron47 New Member

I called my lcs and they buy bullion .50 under spot and 1.00 over spot for ase. I plan to sell what I bought in January to make a small profit when spot hits 18.50. So that's my plan to liquidate. The problem is I am going to hope for price to drop to reinvest to get more for the same price. lol I guess I'll never truelly liquidate

7. TommyP

TommyP BS detector

Okay well, I can only assume then that all confirmations take upwards of a week to gain posting privs. I have contacted Peter to no avail also. I also assume that given the quick responses here that the other site would be similarly responsive in turnaround times? An hour here versus a week there? Don't mean to keep complaining but if one would think that if I'm turned down that at least some confirmation would be given. Sorry if that's too presumptive. I'm done for now. Thanks for at least responding here. I've been patient.

8. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

How I will go about liquidating my stash won't be something I need to think about for another 20-30 years since I plan to work that long, and will have no need to sell as long as I have a steady income. It's my retirement plan, not some get rich quick scheme. At that point I will do the obvious, sell it for the highest price I can get for it. If the dollar doesn't last that long, then I may end up bartering some away earlier than planned. Due to the nature of compounding interest and many nations being unable to pay off their exponentially growing debt burden, I have little doubt that the price of metals will rise over that timespan even if the dollar gets its 4th wind and somehow lives substantially longer than any other fiat currency. Since my timespan is an entire generation, I don't have to worry about price swings other than what I can get in the door for.

9. TommyP

TommyP BS detector

Yup, well going on two weeks now with two different trys at registering and a note to Peter and still nothing. Wonder why that is? Tough one. I keep getting edited for political posts here yet I'm unable to post in the forum I'm supposed to be able to post political stuff in. Go figure.

10. 180IQ

180IQ Active Member

Every dog has its day Tommy. If you want me to make highjack threads for you while I'm on, I'll do a couple.

11. Aquahollic

Aquahollic ֍ E Pluribus Unum ֎

12. losthomer

losthomer Active Member

You should have let this thread die.

13. -jeffB

It looks like a bot run amok. I've reported it; maybe others should too.

14. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Looks like a different language sitting by itself, doesn't it? Almost Klingonesque.

15. -jeffB

Yep. But we're living in the future, and I'm describing a futuristic annoyance.

16. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I'm living in the present and I have a wedding ring to get. Possibly bye bye Silver for me! I can pay for the whole thing in one shot if I liquidate, looks like I will do that. I still will have made money unless it goes below $14.47

17. V. Kurt Bellman

Gotta love a truly self-aware "trader", as opposed to people who think they're investing.

Bman33 likes this.
  18. SilverTracker

SilverTracker Well-Known Member

Hey B-man, Congratulations...

Bman33 likes this.
  19. V. Kurt Bellman

Indeed. I hope you have chosen better than I did either time. I'm sure you have.

Bman33 likes this.
  20. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I wouldn't mind liquidating my ASEs right now .. I'm scrounging up $$ to buy into Ethereum.

I need a new Pyramidion for my Financial Risk Portfolio !!

21. SilverSurfer415

SilverSurfer415 Well-Known Member

I would go to a man, not just any man but a man that melts silver.

I will have him melt all my silvers and create a sword and shield from the silver. I will then lead an army to battle the zombies.

We are still talking about zombie right? I only read the first page.

Clawcoins likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted