How would you liquidate your silver stash

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SilverTracker, Feb 6, 2017.

1. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Kurt, lighten up , every one is trying to get back on track, don't create more unwanted discussion. So let it go all of you.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Camreno

Camreno Active Member

Well that definitely got interesting.... Some people man, some people...

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I personally invest in PM, the ones I can hold, because I am also a coin collector, and they go hand in hand, literally! :D

Unlike most stackers, I do not believe a "end of the world" scenario is going to happen, instead I take more of a realistic approach. I believe silver is going to go up simply because of the fact that Solar is going to become king. And if you know anything about solar, it uses a lot of silver. With that being said I don't think i will have to look very hard to find a buyer.

4. desertgem

The silver institute does keep re-enforcing that promise, but since the silver is the most expensive part by weight vendors have been finding substitutes, and aluminum seems to be the most considered as one. Silver does a better job, but twice the amount of aluminum can do as well at 0.6% of the price of silver. There are also metallo-organic compounds being researched that have similar effectiveness.

So stacking silver with that idea is like doing so when film photography was on the way down. Collect for the enjoyment and not for expectation of gains.

https://www.pv-magazine.com/2015/08/18/natcore-swaps-silver-for-aluminum-in-solar-cells_100020645/

Camreno likes this.
  5. Camreno

Camreno Active Member

I dont ever expect to make a profit, but I guarantee I wont loose money. Its like a savings account for me.

6. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I have a few gold eagles to tinker around with, but if I want to make a really major buy (for me) in either gold or silver, I'll likely use an exchange traded fund. Easy in, easy out.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  7. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I' ll never liqudate for cash. Every coin and metal bar I buy will be gifted to my many children someday. Never having to worry about "buying too high" gives me alot of freedom to buy what I like. Do I want the value to go up? Of course. That is important. I feel as though I'm in good shape regardless, having bought a few thousand ounces last Winter just before it crested $15 per oz.
    The kids will take it one day. Maybe some will save it, maybe buy a car, or a house down payment. That's my exit strategy.

Garlicus likes this.
  8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

My parents will leave me a small amount of silver -- maybe $50 FV of silver coins, all common, without any special sentimental value.

That's nice, but I sure wish they'd spent it at FACE VALUE on Apple stock a couple of decades back.

Camreno likes this.
  9. Camreno

Camreno Active Member

Few thousand ounces? Daddy is that you? Im pretty sure im your long last son HAHA. My parents didnt aren't gonna leave sh$# :p

bdunnse likes this.
  10. TommyP

TommyP BS detector

Jim,
    I have disengaged this forum as requested. I have tried to register in the other forum and am unable to post still after a day. Am I not allowed there either? Thank you.

11. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

make sure you have a will/estate planning.
    hate to see 50% of it go to the state.

Garlicus and Nathan401 like this.
  12. desertgem

Tommy, perhaps an active partitipant of that forum will see and comment or one of the admins. I am not associated with it as this forum takes most of my available time :) I hope you find enjoyment there. Tommy, no one, including myself requested you to disengage, just that the rules does not allow each member to deem what is acceptable, You still have your posting ability as shown by your post above showing a quote of my post to you. Jim

13. Danjohnson

Danjohnson Well-Known Member

I'm not expecting Armageddon so PM's are simply a savings (store of wealth) means for me. I'll probably sell them as needed/wanted as I grow older or pass them on. In the event something big occurs (world war, zombies (lol), cashless economy, etc.), I'll spend them just like money (medium of exchange) and already do at times.

Garlicus likes this.
  14. losthomer

losthomer Active Member

I buy as a hobby. I trust in history that silver will likely spike a once or twice before I'm worm food. (Full disclosure: history was never my best subject.). I'll sell during the next spike and start over. I'm looking to buy more but not at the current price. If the GSR go below 30:1 I'll trade for gold. Should none of that happen I'll pass it on.

One last thing. When teotw hits and food, medicine, ammo, and booze, are the only things of value I will my 1oz silver rounds and use them a skipping rocks. Always thought they are the perfect size and shape.

15. TommyP

TommyP BS detector

Thank you Jim. I do not mean to keep posting here as I realize what's up here but I was advised to go to the other forum and I have. I registered 2 days ago with no ability to post still and no explanations. Posting here has been the only way to get any type of response. Direction please and then I'll leave you all alone. Please and thank you.

16. TommyP

TommyP BS detector

This doesn't work. Not only are you not able to post but no explanation is even offered. Need to stop referring folks to this non working site.

17. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

Need your diaper changed?

Kentucky likes this.
  18. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Awww, maaaaannnn. That's just gratuitous.

Kentucky and bdunnse like this.
  19. Aquahollic

Aquahollic ֍ E Pluribus Unum ֎

If you confirmed your email it clearly states your registration needs to be approved by an administrator.

Stop being so dramatic on multiple threads and learn to have patience....

Attached Files:

20. TommyP

TommyP BS detector

I have for several days now. How long am I supposed to 'be patient' exactly?

21. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Until the corporate criminals approve you, I suppose. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

bdunnse, Clawcoins and Santinidollar like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted