How would you liquidate your silver stash

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SilverTracker, Feb 6, 2017.

1. SilverTracker

SilverTracker Well-Known Member

We all stack PM's for different reasons. The two reasons I hear more than any other is that it is a hedge against inflation and that the powers that be would not be able to touch this form of valuable because its physical and held by you personally. So how would you liquidate your stash in a scenario of the EDITED: Langauage violation in title and post! READ the RULES.

Most people at this moment in time will not buy PM's because they would spend it on everyday essentials rather than a shiny silver bar. So honestly how do you think to liquidate it. Barter with it?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2017
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Shhhh. Don't ask silver stackers to plan this out. Their brains will explode. I think they're counting on black magic and incantations.

The only EDITED you can count on is installing said F sideways under the outhouse. Then you need to worry about splatter.

Kentucky likes this.
  4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Seems to me the turbine's been digging into the pasture for a while now.

5. V. Kurt Bellman

Interesting how so many PM "true believers" haven't thought about the fact that it just might have been the existence of PM-based money that MADE the proverbial Edited every few years, huh? Maybe PM's aren't the remedy, but the disease.

calcol likes this.
  6. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

All my PMs are in Colloidal form. So they're as liquid as they're gonna get. :)

But when the zombies attack, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to leave the PMs behind and only carry lead encased in brass. Any demise in civility one is going to have to realize carrying tons of PMs just isn't going to work well when one has to evacuate for safety. So, why bother having them to begin with ?

At least I can drink and cook with mine :)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  7. V. Kurt Bellman

Seriously dude, that colloidal silver stuff is serious business. Seriously HARMFUL.

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I don't need everyday essentials. My only essential is buy more silver before it goes up. Silver is my essential, along with copper and lead, of course. And when the Edited you'll wish you had stacked more and worried less about how to liquidate it.

Yes Kurt, like coins and other things I enjoy, stacking silver is a disease, but one that I can live with. lol :)

9. Clawcoins

just joking ... lol I thought it was funny.

10. V. Kurt Bellman

It is, as long as you're joking. Some people take that stuff seriously. Ever see pictures of agyria sufferers? Smurfs, except for size.

11. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Yes, abbreviations, spaces, etc. doesn't change unacceptable to acceptable. You know where to find the rules, Read Doug's section on such.

12. TommyP

TommyP BS detector

Tough to answer, given today's smash and grab climate. I say hold it and wait for the crash. It won't be much longer. We should be in a war with somebody any day now with large scale famine not too far behind. Be patient and watch out for falling rooftop human debris. Oh and don't forget, take PHYSICAL possession of your pms (as awkward as that may sound) and not some piece of paper 'promising' to give you 'more' versus that possession. Otherwise in the the end, all you'll have is that piece of paper and it won't be worth much more than Zimbabwe's once valued currency, and a more 'practical' use will avail itself for that promise of paper nothingness to be used for (hint: it relates to a seated position and has to do with the 'bottom' dropping out..literally).

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  13. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

Well I'd probably use something with high heat to melt my coins down to a liquid form. That's how I would liquidate it. Now keeping it as a liquid would be the hard part.

Camreno, gregarious and Santinidollar like this.
  14. V. Kurt Bellman

So much pathos, so little logos.

15. TommyP

TommyP BS detector

So much of..something.

16. Clawcoins

I recommend physical possession too.

As in ETFs you probably pay a buy in/sell out trade fee. Plus quarterly storage fees and who knows what else. Those really raise your breakeven point. So if PM prices do NOT consistently go up over time ... you end up being upside down on paper PMs and it becomes a losing proposition.

17. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

Who is buying during the end times? Why would they buy?

Blissskr and V. Kurt Bellman like this.
  18. V. Kurt Bellman

ZACKLY! PM's WILL be worthless compared with uncontaminated food and clean water.

Blissskr likes this.
  19. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I buy and sell throughout the year. I hope it goes up so I have more money for a vacation that year. If it tanks, well I don't have enough invested in it to hurt and I'll hang on to it for awhile. It's just fun to have possession of for me.

SilverMike and Camreno like this.
  20. TommyP

TommyP BS detector

Smash and grab! Partake of it now, just like our corporate masters are showing us as an example! During the end times, it will be too late (except for those top tiered exploiters that have amassed such massive volumes of wealth that their very existence insures their continued being). We do just like they do. Invest in nothing or nobody. Just take, smash and grab. Deleted~ Political rant. Take it top partisanlines.com What you can't pay for now? Just dump the debt onto someone else. Not your problem. It's theirs. See how easy?

21. V. Kurt Bellman

At least Bman33 knows he's a "trader", not an "investor", or a "prepper".

JBGood, FryDaddyJr and Bman33 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted