How to sell closest to spot

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Dj Shift, May 6, 2016.

1. Dj Shift

Dj Shift Active Member

How does everyone else sell "junk silver" closest to spot prices when you get it? I've been trying to find out for a few days and it seems like the only option is listing high and waiting for a sucker on eBay. I went to a local coin shop and pawn shop and they tried offering $3 per dollar face on 40% halfs. Anyone able to help me out on this?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Private sale is likely your best bet. You could try posting on something like Craigslist or I've personally always had good luck buying/selling via the sales forum here on CT. Provident metals pays pretty well also but you must meet a minimum sale amount of at least $1000.

Paul M. and medjoy like this.
  4. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Find someone willing to pay it. I realize that may sound rather schmuckish, but is the truth, especially with 40%ers. Not many, at least those in business, are going to want to pay you spot (or close to it) for something most of their buyers don't want to pay spot for.

If a "sucker" is what you seek, perhaps ebay is your best bet. Either that or try dangling your line into the Craigslist fishbowl.

5. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I sold $30 face of 40% halves for $127.50 (4.25 xface) today at a coin show. Not the best deal for me but I was glad to get rid of it. LCS's in my area didn't want to buy it (offering 2x face or 3x face).

Paul M. likes this.
  6. Dj Shift

Dj Shift Active Member

I only had a few dollars worth (making a craigslist trip not too worth it) and after paying huge fees on eBay the past couple days decided it wasn't worth it for only a couple. Decided to sell at a coin shop for 4X face. Still a fairly nice profit I guess considering they were found in rolls.

So mad though I didn't take the offer on trading for ASE's. He said trading means no tax and said they were $21 a piece but looking on Provident accidentally looked at the bulk price instead of the single price.

Draft saved Draft deleted