How much silver is left in the ground?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Vess1, Apr 29, 2012.

1. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Seriously?

goldcollector likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. twoshadows

twoshadows Member

I have done a lot of reading the past few years both pros and cons. No hard evidence but lots of suppliers or refiners leaving the business and lots of mines reporting costs are exceeding their ability to get to the silver. Like it or not profits will determine availability not the amount of silver left on the planet.

4. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

Your opinion is not evidence. A citation of sources would be that anyone reading this could check out.

5. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

I think more important how much is left in my safe...LOL

yakpoo likes this.
  6. rte

rte Well-Known Member

I may have room over here for that gold standard bar. :p
    I'm thinking about thinning out some of the vintage German, Canadian and Mexican silver coinage that I picked up 15+ years ago.

7. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

"How much silver is left in the ground?"

My hoard? ...or in general?

8. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I've seen a few Silver spikes and, as prices rose, more inactive mines came online and people began taking profits on their "above ground" holdings.

A few years back, when some were saying Silver was "fairly valued" at $134/oz, so I began a thread entitled "This Is Why No $50 Silver".

Silver rose to $49.85 before dropping back to where it is today. :cool:

Knowing all this, did I sell my Silver? ...nope. :(
    I just stopped buying until prices fell below $18/oz.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  9. littlehugger

littlehugger Active Member

Silver is also an antibiotic
    But it can also turn you permanently blue.
    Like a cartoon character.

10. TroyW

TroyW New Member

many of the rare earth minerals were deposited by asteroids hitting the earth and I believe gold is of them.

but to answer your question, just like oil, newer and bigger supplies are being discovered quite often.
    And industry is the biggest consumer. This includes medical in which medical imging uses lots of silver, some of which is not recoverable.

Solar used to be a big user, I don't know if they switched to cheaper aluminum which will cause your panels to fail much quicker

11. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

I think its turned some brains blue.

12. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

The things that people post on this board.

slackaction1 likes this.
  13. littlehugger

littlehugger Active Member

Its true.
    Colloidal silver is a natural antibiotic. It can turn your skin blue.
    You can buy washers that use it to disinfect clothing, without ingesting it.
    Do you ever check before snarling?

14. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

That comment was in reply to someone saying copper would become a precious metal, thus why it was quoted.

I can just see it now. Jed, Bubba, and junior hiding 100 copper rounds around the trailer park just waiting for the manipulators to get busted so they can get rich off their copper.

And I thought the silver nutjobs were delusional.

Yeah I know all about colloidal silver. It was one of the millions of reasons why silver was going to da moon.

15. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Silver sulfadiazine is the product that MDs and medical facilities use on burns, road abrasions ( motorcycle accidents ) and others due to its effectiveness on MRSA, and is not available in the US except by prescription or from a doctor or treatment center.

The "Colloidal Silver" creams that can be sold over the counter or amazon is a very small amount of silver ions in a water soluble without the sulfa component and are non-prescription and somewhat antiseptic. The first is excellent, the latter has a more limited range, but the price is very similar...expensive per ounce.

Jim

Draft saved Draft deleted