How much silver do you have?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by silverstackerdjb, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Andy Herkimer

Andy Herkimer Active Member

At 14 you have a lot of years to wait for a silver "peak", at 44 it would not look so good lol.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Andy Herkimer

Anyone who has a large amount would be prudent to have a safe deposit box and other measures.

If you keep a large amount at home you are crazy even without revealing it on here!

Coinchemistry 2012 and tommyc03 like this.
  4. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Not crazy, for sure, all in a bank. I'm often asked why I don't have debit card also. My best friend in South Daytona had his hacked 3 times in 8 months ( Sun Trust Bank ). BOA had 25 million accounts hacked also. Reason enough for me not to have a debit card. Not even if the bank covers the losses, too much hassle.

5. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

5 ounces located in a bunker 20 floors below Sea Level

tommyc03 and Brett_in_Sacto like this.
  6. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Not enough, and nobody else needs to know.

green18 and tommyc03 like this.
  7. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Crazy Hmmm.....
    You do Know that a safe deposit box IS NOT INSURED right?

8. dave_in_delaware

dave_in_delaware Active Member

This original post is like someone joining a gun forum and them asking how many guns and how much ammo everyone has.

Some things are meant to be kept secret, and NOT put on a public forum.

Sure, we post photos of the stuff we have, or if we have a question on it. But I don't think anyone on here posts EVERYTHING they have. And for good reason.

tommyc03 likes this.
  9. ilLOminatus

ilLOminatus Member

I have a lot, and never enough :)

10. Daniel Lowery

Daniel Lowery Active Member

We never hear the Lone Ranger complaining about silver spot prices.

11. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I have at least one Mercury dime (with environmental damage), which contains 0.07234 oz silver.

I have it in a safe, which is contained inside another safe, which is located 20 feet below a bank layered in poured concrete. 'ya know, just in case.

juris klavins likes this.
  12. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

That's a nice start, you've got the bookends :) - hold on to your dimes and fill in the sets with 10c coins from 1917-1963; mount them in albums and you'll have a valuable little collection of silver - good luck !

13. Andy Herkimer

It's not foolproof, but it is the most secure place for most collectors. You can also buy insurance if you wish.

14. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Thanks. Im just not really that much into silver, although I do admit an older coin like a 1908 or something is pretty cool to realize that coin was around for everything, ww1, ww2, great depression, everything.

I really do enjoy that 1916 Mercury though. It is one hell of a beautiful coin. Looks brand new and I am sure when I get it graded it will get the FB designation. I saw a 1916 on EBAY graded PCGS MS 66 and I think mine looks at least as good with at least as much detail. I have to send it for grading soon, just haven't really been overly motivated since even in MS 67 its only a $150 coin so I would keep it either way.

15. Hugh Stiel

Hugh Stiel Made in New Orleans

Won and Winning Stiel 3 Heritage 0 as many issues this country has its presently illegal to steal.
    This is me laughing my ass off Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

16. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

There is the truth right there.

Myself, not a ton of 99%. Most of mine is junk like morgans, WL, etc.

17. Aquahollic

Aquahollic ֍ E Pluribus Unum ֎

18. Hugh Stiel

why? Im curious? You never have enough, right?

Kentucky likes this.
  19. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Hugh, I take it from the stale post at #134 that you've had some legal success in your action re: Heritage? Aware that there may be a non-disclosure as part of it, allow me to just give you a hearty "good on ya" if that's the situation.

20. Hugh Stiel

I cant comment, sorry :)

Kentucky likes this.
  21. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

You dawg you. Congrats.

Kentucky likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted