How much silver do you have?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by silverstackerdjb, Sep 26, 2016.

1. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

I think it's a pretty safe bet both of us go bye-bye long before the dollar does, probably generations before.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I have to wince at the thought of ASE monster boxes bought in 2011 and 2012... :(

4. V. Kurt Bellman

Amazing all these smart businessmen types that buy like crazy at the top of the market, huh? :rolleyes:o_O

fish4uinmd likes this.
  5. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Are we talking about the end of the world again ?

I'd love to buy a Monster Box (of AGEs or even ASEs), but I'd have to get a bank loan to get one. Oddly, I think kitco would oblige to that strategy at 21%+ APR.

Hey, if that 's just *not* enough, then after you get a bank loan on your monster box, you can turn around and get a credit equity loan on your PM's that you just bought through their bank loan (then buy more silver/gold with that money).

No, I'm not kidding ==> http://www.metalscredit.com/
    Oddly, their website states this "As you know, precious metals will stand the test of time. They’re an insurance policy against disaster and a reliable store of wealth for the long term. Now you can make use of these assets immediately by opening an MCC credit line."

Pull out you calculators kiddies and figure out the actual monies into purchasing those PMs with all that interest on them. Buy silver at gold prices. talk about being the probability of being underwater.

I think they call this a leveraged asset ... come to think of it, I think I'll just do a reverse mortgage and buy that Monster Box. :)

6. GoldenSilver

GoldenSilver New Member

Well I just can't afford thousands :p
    Plus I kind of want to transfer into gold, but keep buying silver just if it interest me.

7. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Just an observation. Gold and silver have been largely stuck at current prices for a couple of weeks. Of course, the stock and Treasury markets have been trading in narrow ranges, too. Waiting for election night?

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  8. Santinidollar

The thought of buying any investment vehicle on borrowed money: AAARRRGGGHhhhhhh

9. V. Kurt Bellman

Oh..., I'm pretty sure all markets have pretty much "priced in" a certain outcome for our elections. Only Senate control is hard to call at this point.

But then again, British and European markets had priced in a "Remain In" vote, and we saw what happened there. The question is: Are U.S. pollsters better than their British counterparts?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  10. Clawcoins

I'm waiting for the German banks to go belly up.

11. stgecko

stgecko Junior Member

It's difficult to estimate the count due to so many coins being made of silver. Let's just say I have a lot of silver but it's in my collections as coins not as silver bulk.
    The easier question would be how much gold or platinum do you have as it is easier to count.

12. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

I have a large hoard of .9999% silver, I don't fool with the junk silver (.999)

13. SilverTracker

SilverTracker Well-Known Member

Fish4unimd, why don't you fool with junk silver?

14. V. Kurt Bellman

I think he was speaking (typing?) ironically. .999 vs. .9999

Usually, junk silver is mostly worn or numismatically uninteresting .900 silver, and yes, I stay away from it also. I think that hoarding silver is, as Groucho Marx said, "the woist thing I evah hoid".

15. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

@V. Kurt Bellman "I'm kind of a big deal..."(Kelly Bundy never looked better!)

16. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Rule #1 - if you're stacking silver and gold and any other valuable collectibles, you DON'T discuss it in person or online with strangers or even family members who don't live with you - tell your family only if you trust them not to spread the 'good news'.
    Rule # 2 - lock up your stuff in a sturdy, heavy duty safe and bolt it down - if two people can lift it, it's too light - if it can be pried loose with a crowbar, use
    larger bolts
    Rule # 3 - see rules #1 and #2;)

Santinidollar likes this.
  17. Santinidollar

Juris, you summed it up nicely.

18. Clawcoins

I thought this forum was about toothpicks?

19. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

I have 3 silver dimes so that makes me about .2166 ounces of silver.
    One is a 1916 Mercury I found somewhere and kept because it looks to me like a MS 66 or 67 but what do I know. I kept it with the intent to get it graded at PCGS but haven't done so yet. Sadly it does not have a D mintmark.
    The other 2 are 1964. Both received in change at the same time. Just haven't had a chance to get rid of them yet.

20. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

roflmao. Im assuming you aren't keeping 12,000 ASES in a safe deposit box. Hiding 12,000 ASES = almost a quarter million dollars in your house in New Orleans. LOL. ROFLMAO. Im sorry but "when the dollar goes bye-bye" I would be more concerened about not being in New Orleans than having 12,000 ASES.

21. Andy Herkimer

Andy Herkimer Active Member

Way too much, nearly all of mine has a numismatic premium. Last time I added it all up, it came to 340 oz, that was some time ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted