How much silver do you have?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by silverstackerdjb, Sep 26, 2016.

1. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

I would guess 10,000 TO +/-.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Daniel Lowery

Daniel Lowery Active Member

Trivia: Jack Taylor, 94 yr old founder of Enterprise Rent A Car (ERAC), recently died. He named his company after that aircraft carrier, which,...he flew off of in WWII as a 20 year old. Jack, a 97% owner of ERAC, which does $ 20Billion a year, probably had much silver.

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Interesting! I wonder if he served on this one which was built in 1960. He would only have been in his mid-30's.

Chris

1960 USS Enterprise OBV.JPG

1960 USS Enterprise REV.JPG

5. Roygbiv

Roygbiv Member

No, I'm merely telling you (and everyone here with more than 5 seconds worth of digital imaging experience can see) that both your previous avatar photo and the file Scannen0016.jpg (both shots of your 1/10 oz. platinum eagle) are altered images by doing a complete "negative" of the original photograph. Coins do not cast light shadows onto black backgrounds. They cast dark shadows onto white backgrounds.

Test it for yourself. Load it up on an iOS device, hit the home button three times rapidly in sequence. Voila! The original photograph.

You do have a nice little piece there which represents right now about $103 worth of bullion plus whatever in fabrication and a proof bump. The rims ARE interesting, but hardly inexplicable. All platinum proofs are struck 4 times. Stuff can happen.[/QUOTE]

"Hardly inexplicable." I like it.
    I threw my scanner out of the window. 9th floor.
    Need to contact Heritage one of these days. They'll come with a picture , not a scan.

6. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Yikes! Hopefully Hugh Stiel and imrich won't get to you first. :eek::D

Oh, did the scanner crash or did it also violate the laws of physics by bouncing higher than the height of the window from which it was dropped? :rolleyes:o_O

green18 likes this.
  7. Roygbiv

Roygbiv Member

Oh, did the scanner crash or did it also violate the laws of physics by bouncing higher than the height of the window from which it was dropped? :rolleyes:o_O

8. Roygbiv

Roygbiv Member

Waiting for the bounce back. It may take forever. Hang on. I hear sirenes ...
    Those neighbours. Oh no !
    PS. To Google Hugh Stiel and Imrich. Don't know what you are talking about.

Attached Files:

9. V. Kurt Bellman

Never mind, they are two members here who think Heritage is Lucifer, The Dark Prince. Stay vigilant. They'll reappear soon enough.

10. Roygbiv

Roygbiv Member

1000 apologies. I finally got it. Woke up in the middle of the night... It is a scan with inverted colours.
    Black becomes white , white black , green ... red ?
    But it's a true copy of the coin with all it's details. With the special rim that I wanted to highlight this way.
    With regards to Heritage. You got me worried there. End December I'll be able to tell more.
    It's about time I started learning English. :))

11. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

0 oz. Just left the silver Poker Table today, I made a few hundred dollars but it's nice to get a small return and invest elsewhere, like a house. I have an extremely humble coin collection left. I don't count that as my "silver".

12. V. Kurt Bellman

There's nothing inherently wrong with reverse tone scans, especially of a subject with no "color" per se. They can be quite useful, to make some details more obvious to the human eye and/or mind. Don't take my noticing it as harsh criticism. I often look at reverse tone photos of non-gold coins just to test myself for "subject blindness". It's a very useful technique.

13. Hugh Stiel

Hugh Stiel Made in New Orleans

I have a good supply of Monster Boxes. American Eagle . Also Morgans and Peace dollars. Why is some one selling? I think buying is much more fun than selling. Also everyone should be pleased to find out I have the Grammarly app. now. Its cool as can be. Im smart now. This has six errors. I forgot my password :(

14. Hugh Stiel

ps. I realized recently HA sold a huge amount of my coins in the summer of 2013 before we even talked about consigning any coins.
    A few hundred coins they just helped themselves to.

15. GoldenSilver

GoldenSilver New Member

I have 5 ounces and 1 gram, http://imgur.com/a/wPCLO (Not my picture <<<) and then http://imgur.com/a/edHxG
    Also,
    I'm 13 and I stack silver too, and collect coins.

16. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

If you haven't yet, go over to Introductions and say hi to everyone!:D

17. V. Kurt Bellman

Welcome indeed, young 5 oz. plus silver stacker. As you read more, you'll learn that typically, when we talk generally of silver stackers, we're speaking of holders of thousands of ounces and who believe the U.S. dollar is about to collapse. They're really funny, if they weren't so sad.

18. danmar2

danmar2 Member

We all know this is yours Chris.
    [​IMG]
    No need to be ashamed of all that silver.:facepalm:

19. V. Kurt Bellman

That's the dinghy.

saltysam-1 likes this.
  20. Hugh Stiel

24X500 American Eagles from about 2010 to Present. I just bought a monster box last week. But i got to tell you they are so damn heavy that I'm starting to buy 1/4 or 1/2. So what is the moral to this story.
    Is silver good to own now. I have it for when the dollar goes bye-bye.

21. Hugh Stiel

Guys, you have to check out the app Grammarly. It corrects spelling
    grammar, punctuation and sentences. I'll never be laughed at again :)

Draft saved Draft deleted