How much silver do you have?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by silverstackerdjb, Sep 26, 2016.

1. STU

STU Active Member

I never say what I have as silver or gold as that could be bad but enough sums it best

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

When I was 14, I was looking for stacked girls...like Annette...at the beach...with a swimsuit.

4. fish4uinmd

If you could afford a 67 Chevelle SS in 1982, you were stacking more than silver!
    I drove a 60 Chevy in 1966...and yes, those were the best days of my life!

67 Chevelle.jpg

5. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

I could not afford it...my dad co-signed when I was 15 and then I worked as a stock boy for Furr's groceries store for a Mr. Harris. My car note was $90.00 a month and it costs me $2K for the car; then add another 1K for repairs from my dad and yes this was my first sports car. It was midnight blue and roared like a lion!!!! I surely miss those days, oh how I miss them.

fish4uinmd likes this.
  6. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Not enough, so I go to work each day... :(

7. fish4uinmd

One of the classic muscle cars!! Dare I ask, do you still have it?

8. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

9. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

I am curious what you recommend since you advise against PMs, and don't trust fiat currency. I am not a big proponent of stock piling food, either.

Stevearino likes this.
  10. Jason Hoffpauir

Oh how I wish I still did...but still do have my 1987 Buick Regal Grand National GNX 3.8 V6 Twin Turbo....so I am good. ;):shame:

Clawcoins likes this.
  11. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

Twin turbo?

12. Jason Hoffpauir

ESP had designed a twin turbo kit for the GNX which was designed to provide zero turbo lag and I believe much improved throttle times for any Turbo Buick...this ultimately pulled out more torque and horsepower and made the Buick Regal GNX a legendary car...out of Detroit mind you!!!! ;)

josh's coins likes this.
  13. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

Interesting concept. It's a shame Buick stopped making the GN.

14. Jason Hoffpauir

Oh yeah it is...I believe only 500 Grand Nationals were ever made. You can find real nice ones for about $26K with 31k miles on them. Then I saw one that had 67 original factory miles on it and the guy wanted anywhere between $250,000-$500,000!!!! I was like no way Jose!!!!!

All I know is that it was the only car that could beat the Corvette in 0-60 secs and the quarter mile (back in '88) and not TOO many cars could do that. Remember the GNX (300hp turbo charged with 400lb-torque) was capable of running the quarter-mile in 13.26 seconds and going from 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds, the GNX was according to Car & Driver, faster than the Lamborghini Countach, the Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 928S, the Ferrari Testarossa and the Ferrari 288 GTO.

So yeah it is definitely a legendary car to a lot of folks and now that only 500 exist; getting one in good working condition with the kit still intact will be like finding a diamond in the rough.

P.S. And for those that remember it was called "Darth Vader's" ride. LOL.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  15. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Where did you get the mistaken idea I don't trust fiat currency? Okay, I may not trust Fiat mechanics, but I digress. I am a mainstream Keynesian economist who trusts growth-related equities first and foremost. As each year passes, dividend yields become more important. Have you tasted those storable foods? Grrrrrross! You won't find me preaching economic Armageddon. Thass not my rap.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  16. fish4uinmd

Keynesian economist...that's a guy who sells conch shells in Key West, right?

17. Jason Hoffpauir

Oh one more little tid bit of information...did you know that the Buick Regal GNX and the Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R Chrsler Conquest TSi were only street-legal for two years in the U.S. and then were illegal. You want to know why? Too much HP for the weight of the car!!!!! Now that's saying something...oh btw...sorry this is not about coins... I apologize. Won't happen again. Peace out.

18. V. Kurt Bellman

No, what Keynesian businessperson believes is that he does better when the population around him has enough disposable income to buy his inventory and he acts and advocates accordingly.

19. silverstackerdjb

silverstackerdjb New Member

Ok everyone. I get it, I am new at "stacking" and I should not ask about how much silver. I just do it for the fun of the hobby, not too much for the money. I am only 14. I have an Instagram account for coin collecting and people ask stuff like that all the time. I don't see what the difference is between that and Cointalk. I just put my money into silver and sell it if I ever need something.

Mickey in PDX likes this.
  20. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

I think more than 500 GNs were made. Jay Leno had a show about the still new 87 GNx in a dealer's showroom.

21. V. Kurt Bellman

Doing it for fun is very cool. If I had a modest stake for silver, and wanted to do it for fun, what I'd do is try to get as many different .999 pieces as I could find. There are way more than there used to be.

RonSanderson likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted