How long in Acetone?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by saltysam-1, May 3, 2016.

1. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

What a terrific outcome. That's what collecting is about; I don't care if it's "only" bullion. You've created a family heirloom. :D

Paul M. and saltysam-1 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I am having trouble uploading images. I think they are too large to post. I'll mess around with it more this evening. I didn't care that much for the quality anyway. I may have to take them out of the airtites I put them in. I didn't realize how banged up the airtites were until I photographed through them. Let me do this right tomorrow.

SuperDave: I never thought of it as a family heirloom, but it could possibly be. Thanks for that thought. My son and daughter will get my various collections. This is something special for my grand daughter. Currently she is our only one.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    Paul M. likes this.
  4. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

The first two pictures are the die. The last is the bullion piece struck from it. Something not normally seen but is limited to a few rounds, the word "Trust" on a separate line by itself. Most have the four words spaced two each on a line. You can still see some of the smudging and spotting in the same area. I haven't decided if I want to dip it or not. P1010371.JPG P1010359.JPG P1010755.JPG

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  5. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Just postprocess what you have. Postprocessing images to crop, resize and lessen filesize is a near-imperative skill for anyone trying to image coins with modern high-megapixel cameras. :)

Paul M. and saltysam-1 like this.
  6. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Now I'm getting double images. It's either feast or famine. I think the trouble is here on my end. I'll leave well enough alone...............It's not my nature to leave it alone, I deleted the one double set. :>)

Last edited: May 5, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted