How liquid is Palladium ?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mpcusa, Jun 6, 2017.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

I am starting this thread because it was mentioned in another by a poster
    He mentioned he was going to by 1 OZ but held off because he was not
    sure if most coin dealers actually dealt it in as it,s probably the least popular
    Of the top four, very curious about this as i was thinking of getting some myeslf

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Liquid above 2131 degrees F :)

jwitten likes this.
  4. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Beat me to it, haha

5. Kentucky

It's a disease

6. ddddd

ddddd Member

I have never owned palladium or tried to sell it before.
    My guess would be that the major players, like Apmex, would buy it. They would likely pay anywhere from a few percent under spot to a few percent over.
    I was looking at buying a Russian Palladium Ballerina a few days ago (before palladium went a bit up) and Apmex had a buy price of $20 over spot for 1 oz. However, they do not have a buy price listed as of now.

7. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

It will burn a hole in your pocket :) All kidding aside, it is not very liquid as a precious metal. If the margin premium on gold was 50% and silver 70%, then perhaps palladium would be viable as a reserve of wealth, but due to expediency of exchange on a commodity market and popularity/familiarity to bullionists or even to preppers, the margin on gold and silver points to them as being the ones. Now, buying one to have is a different thing. Many collect various elemental coinage for their own curiosity and knowledge, and that is what collecting anything is about.

Bman33 likes this.
  8. Kentucky

After all the folderol, I would opine that any "precious" metal that is struck in coin form would be fairly liquid. Perhaps not at a neighborhood gold 'n silver shop, but at a national one.

9. mpcusa

LOL......:)

Kentucky likes this.
  10. mpcusa

Just looking at the stand point of walking in like gold and silver, i am going to a few
    Silver and Gold shops and see how and if its that easy, Rick may have to call in an expert LOL

ddddd and Kentucky like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted