How I just paid $16.37 per coin for 2015 ASE's on ebay

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Brett_in_Sacto, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

I just got a roll of 20 American Silver Eagles - 2015 year for $16.37 per coin.

Ebay has a 10% off coupon available. Usually I ignore them because they're only available for things like women's clothing or iGarbage.

This time it was universal. Apmex has a sale on ASE's for $371.20 per roll (price changes regularly, this was my purchase price).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141528111687?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

So I got free shipping, the entire roll for $371.20 plus the 10% off coupon (plus 2% cash back for credit card purchase).

Net price was $330 for the roll.

Good hunting to you!!! :greedy:

ThinnPikkins, green18 and serafino like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

4. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

5. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

6. ThinnPikkins

ThinnPikkins Well-Known Member

I just did the same yesterday! Apmex had 1oz valcambi suisse gold bar @ spot ($1135.00) I used the 10% off coupon to bring it down to $1,035.00 (they only allow up to $100 off)! I probably wouldn't have been looking for something like this unless I read this thread. Thanks for the tip!

Brett_in_Sacto and green18 like this.
  7. ThinnPikkins

Not to double post but it is still available if anyone is interested.

8. Brett_in_Sacto

Is there a way to find the coupon? I just happened across it one day as I was browsing. I looked and don't see anything available. Anyhow, I'm glad someone else was able to take advantage.

I might try to pick up one more Gold Eagle, although today's gold bump is gonna drive premiums again.

ThinnPikkins likes this.
  9. ThinnPikkins

Honestly, I never paid too much attention to the coupons ebay offered (I would usually delete the mail) until I saw this thread. I then started the journey of scouring the web to find something like this coupon for ebay. I had no such luck! I usually do my ebaying on my mobile phone but yesterday I had to get on the actual computer to pay an invoice for multiple items bought. Thats when I saw the "coupon" on the rightside of the screen advising me that it would expire on the 30th. I immediately thought of this thread and went looking for silver eagles. Unfortunately, apmex was not running that special anymore, however, they had the 1oz valcambi bar @ spot special running. I just changed gears and bought that.

I sure wish that they have more of these coupons going forward. I feel that was a pretty good buy and if it was not capped @ $100 total savings, I would have bought more! Thanks for putting this out there, seriously!

10. westcoasting

westcoasting Active Member

Wow, I didn't know they had 10% universal coupons. That would be really sweet deal combined with silver or gold on special sale... plus credit card cash back, etc.
    (and then there's the ebay bucks stuff). You guys did well.

11. autograf

autograf Member

I have a $20 coupon sitting out there. Wonder what you have to do to get the $100. I only have to spend $100 to get the $20 off, so that's still a good deal........

12. Brett_in_Sacto

You might score well on something plentiful like a roll of dimes or quarters? In my experience, single silver 1oz bars have a huge premium on Ebay, not even worth it with coupon. Junk silver on the other hand - although with the recent rise, it's anyone's guess on the next direction.

13. autograf

autograf Member

Fine print...........excluding COINS on the $20 coupon.........I'll just use it on some BB cards I want or something.............was looking at a 1/10 oz eagle for $137. $20 off would put it right about daily spot, so that'd be good for a fractional piece, but alas, not gonna happen.........

14. mercedes86david

mercedes86david New Member

good deal, they usually exclude the coins and paper money section

Draft saved Draft deleted