How high will silver and gold go? Gold up to $4000?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by rjbeck, Apr 23, 2011.

?

How high do you think silver will go.

1. $50

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. $60

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  3. $70

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. $80

22 vote(s)
    57.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. rjbeck

rjbeck COLLECTOR

SILVER:
    Silver prices are up 49% in 2011. Day after day the metal keeps hitting new 31-year records. Traders keep waiting for some kind of fierce and furious correction, but so far silver keeps heading higher. How high do you think silver will go and when will it break to $50 dollar mark.
    GOLD:
    Paul Tustain, CEO of BullionVault believes that gold is yet to reach its 'true' value in the market as an insurance policy against financial risk.
    As gold creeps past the $1,500-an-ounce mark, he believes that the price should be closer to the $4,000 region, as it has the potential to protect savings from the risks of hyper inflation, currency crises, sovereign debt defaults, and other serious economic shocks.
    He said: 'I believe that gold is worth a very great deal more than the price it's currently trading at, based on my own expectations for the rate of inflation and currency devaluation.
    'I value it at around $3,800, which is why I'm delighted to spend my spare cash buying gold at its current price of just over $1,500; a price that discounts the risk of hyperinflation to zero.
    'If you buy some gold now, my guess is that it will contribute more to your comfort in old age than more traditional savings are likely to, as well as leaving your own children with something on the plus side of the ledger.'

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. sk8er722

sk8er722 New Member

I think itll cap at $50ish, then drop, then climb again.... but to what i dont know. ive heard as much as $300

4. FishyOne

FishyOne Member

$70 within 12 months.

5. 1970 Silver Art

1970 Silver Art Silver Art Bar Collector

I did not vote in the poll because I do not think that silver will hit $50 this year but instead it will get smacked down very soon once it gets into the mid $48's to $49's range. Just my gut feeling talking to me.

6. JJK78

JJK78 Member

Only problem with your poll is that it only goes up to $80... Which is what I voted for. But if you take into consideration inflation etc. technically we are only about halfway to silvers true "peak". $50 is 1980's money is about $113 now I believe. I definitely feel we will topple $100/oz... not this year but I think it will happen.

7. JJK78

JJK78 Member

In your gut you really feel $50 is that much of a barrier? We are only about $2 away from an all time high for silver and $4 from hitting it which certainly will trigger some sell off's. But the world's economies are in the crapper and are not about to get sorted out anytime soon. Pardon my laugh when it blows by $50...

8. 1970 Silver Art

1970 Silver Art Silver Art Bar Collector

We will see what unfolds very soon.

EDIT: $2 away from $50 may not sound like much but I think that it will get smacked down very hard and will not see $50 in 2011. The run-up in my opinion is too far too soon IMO. BTW I see that Kitco shows a high of $46.72 which is $3.28 away from $50 but I understand since this is a holiday weekend, the quotes from different websites is different. I prefer to use the Kitco quote.

:)

9. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I am neither a collector nor an investor of Silver. I am a keeper of Silver. I have 100 ounces or so to use in the interim during a collapse of the dollar or to buy time during a global crises. I don't care if the charts say $4 an ounce or $200 an ounce. I don't plan to sell it and I don't see a reason to buy more. My value will be the street value it will have during those times. And I doubt if the parties involved are going to check the NY Commodity Exchange to see what its selling for. I'm not a doomsday predictor or someone who is planing to head for the hills with a firearm in tow, but a cautious individual who has a plan B in his pocket. I doubt I will ever need it in my life time, but it is there.

10. Palladium

Palladium New Member

I like the way that you think.

11. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I think silver is gonna stop soaring at around $55, of course I chose $60 just for good measure. :D That said, I sold some junk lots that I wish I would have held onto, so I've been wrong before. :rolleyes:Luckily I have a little bit more.

12. dan8802

dan8802 New Member

Very interesting... This is basically the way I think. I am never going to sell my silver, If it is unused I will hand it down to my children. Yet I am constantly following the spot price.

13. LEG END

LEG END Junior Member

Gold and silver will rise to a level that will make it impossible for a wage earner to purchase it. Gold already exceeds a month's pay for most folks. Assuming you could put a third of your pay away for several months, it would take three months to set a month's expenses aside for fiat money collapse and re-emergence of a new fiat currency. No one should believe the next currency will be gold or silver based. More likely than that would be wampum. If you have several months salary put aside, count your lucky stars, buy more ammo, stock three months food and water, invest in an excellent generator, ensure your security system runs on batteries. Society crumbling due to malfeasance does indeed make us Rome again. I don't think the brothers who built all those pretty memorials had this in mind as they were taking our money for pointless security programs at the airport and border, and constructing a surveillance system that can watch us all as we starve or loot from our underprepared, unarmed neighbors.

14. Bluesboy65

Bluesboy65 New Member

I think there are a lot of people who feel this way. As others have said, it's insurance for which I do not have to give up any premium. By the way, just checked KITCO and silver is currently up $1.12 to $47.73! Amazing run! :hail:

Bluesboy65

15. hyperinflation

hyperinflation New Member

100$ silver is a no brainier.

16. Morgan1878

Morgan1878 For A Few Dollars More..

I am a keeper as well. At least for the foreseeable future. There is however that old saying "Everything has a price."
    I am not in the least tempted at this point to part with what have.

17. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

$50 to $60 in the Fall of 2011

Then $80 to $100 in 2012

18. rush2112

rush2112 Junior Member

Gold going to $5000.00

I recently heard a gold analyst from China on late night MSNBC claim gold is going to $5000.
    I don't remeber his reasoning, but I found the man very believable.

19. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

Big pullbacks in either gold or silver are just buying opportunities. I think silver will outpace gold this Fall -- it has some catching up to do (IMO)

20. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

The logic behind this is that based on the gold bull market of the 70's the price went from $40 to $800 which was a 20 fold increase. The current bull market started at $250 which would equate to $5000 if history repeats itself. Using that same math differently, a 20:1 gold/silver ratio would put silver at $250/oz.

I can't really say how high I think it will go, because if the current system is infinitely sustainable then the price can go infinitely high.

21. kyle5782

kyle5782 New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted