How Do You Take Your ASE's out of the Tube?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Bman33, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Basic question here but I wanted to know how others did this. Obviously I don't want to scratch up the coins. I use the book method. Anyone do something else that works?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

I pinch the tube tightly, invert it and slide the tube off of the stack of coins. Then carefully remove the coins from the top one at a time. To put them back in the tube, just reverse the process.

4. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Invert it on hand or table?

5. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

If it is in a tube then you almost certainly are dealing with bullion. That means it's silver. It has no numismatic value. Dump it out onto the floor and listen to it bounce. If it rings wrong it is fake. If it rings right you can sell it as bullion when the price gets back up to $50.

Alaska stacker likes this.
  6. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Only if they aren't yours...be more careful with yours but don't lose your mind.

green18 likes this.
  7. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I still want to get a nice premium for these on the sell back. I like to treat them with care.

SilverMike likes this.
  8. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

I have Cheeta do it for me.

Untouched by Human Hands :eek:

Laughing_Chimp_ATT00050.gif

yakpoo and green18 like this.
  9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Oh, for crying out blast.......the things come right out of the tube for me. Ten years ago they didn't. Ya had Bob Chambers tellin' ya you needed a sharp instrument to slice into the side of the holder to liberate the multitude. Today, the blasted things 'shake' in the capsule. Back then, they didn't move one centimeter..........

10. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

millimeter...

green18 likes this.
  11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Thanks Ken......always at my back. :)

Kentucky likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted