How do you store your ATB bullion?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by rickmp, Nov 3, 2011.

1. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

How do you store your ATB bullion?
    Does anyone offer a container that will hold 5 in their air-tites?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. buyingsilvers

buyingsilvers New Member

try run a google search. think there was a website, airtite.com or something similar that offered air-tites for a lot of different bullion types.

4. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

I just collect the P's, so I leave them in the OGP and put them in the SDB.

5. krispy

krispy krispy

6. krispy

krispy krispy

7. Coinut

Coinut Member

I can't remember right now what site I saw it on but I have seen ATB 5oz coin cases. Not sure if it's what you are looking for as I think it was for the collector version as it was a case that held 5.

8. Speedie

Speedie New Member

I finally found a good solution for this very problem earlier today, and quite by accident too!

As krispy said, AirTite Z5 capsules are widely available for $1.50 each or so. Actually Apmex ship the bullion coins already in a Z5, so if that's your source then no extra expenditure is needed. But what to do with the Z5 capsules, or the Mint capsules that the "P" versions come in? Apmex make a wooden display box, and it's quite nicely done I might add, but with 5 coins to a display box and 56 coins in the series (112 if you're collecting both versions) that would require storing 12 or 24 display boxes! Sadly a non-starter for a safe deposit box or most home safes.

So...as I was poking around trying to find room to store the Glacier 5oz "P" coin that arrived this week, I noticed that the Intercept Shield box for Mint proof sets looked like Z5s might fit in them vertically. And whaddya know? They do!

http://www.wizardcoinsupply.com/product/intercept-shield-proofmint-set-box.html

A single 13" x 6 7/8" box can store 3 rows of 15 Z5 capsules, plus (I think) another 8 or 10 in the space that remains. I don't have 56 of these coins yet to see if there's a trick to getting the remaining 1 - 3 coins to fit, but at worst you're looking at 2 boxes to store a set of 56, or 3 boxes to store a complete set of 112. This assumes that you don't mind storing the "P" versions' packaging in a closet or wherever, but it doesn't seem like a big deal to me. The really nice thing about this solution, apart from the space saved, is that you get the added benefit of the Intercept Shield protection. A full set of these is quite an investment and $20-30 to keep them safe from tarnishing seems well worth it to me.

9. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

10. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

Duplicate..

11. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Many thanks to all that have responded. You've been a great help.

Specifically, I'm looking for a container that will fit 5 pucks, in Z-5's,
    and a container that will fit 5 "P" pucks in OGP capsules.

My intent is to make SDB storage easier.

Thanks.

RhinoEmpire likes this.
  12. RhinoEmpire

RhinoEmpire Hi-Yo (Ag)

Did you ever find anything rickmp? I’ve been looking for a couple years, but still no storage box for z5

Draft saved Draft deleted