Hold on Elizabeth, it's the Big One!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Zeplyn, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeplyn

Zeplyn Dry Ink Seldom Smears

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I guess it boils down to whether or not you want to accept market/economic advice froma self-proclaimed film-maker. The chart he displays doesn't even support his conclusion. And everyone should keep in mind that the purpose of technical analysis is NOT to predict the future, and no real technician will ever tell you that it does.

4. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

why do i have to wade through this paranoid doomsday crap in every forum?

5. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I think some people like to be scared. And some other people take pleasure in thinking they know something that everyone else doesn't know. What they don't quite realize is that doomsday predictions about the US dollar go back a long way.

6. Zeplyn

Well, call it what you want and "wade through" it now or when the SHTF.
    Does not matter to me what you do. If you do not have the ability to see that there is significant issues all around the World and the dollar falling almost every other day, inflation setting in in food and energy, metals climbing to all time highs and little many do not exhibit knowledge of the Bilderburger group the New World Order and the political corruption in your own backyard, States starting to declare insolvency by massive cutts that will lead to bankrupcty then go ahead a believe what you want.
    This old saying comes to mind when I read your replies; "You can lead a horse to water, but you can not make him drink"

Good luck you two and the rest of you who may or may not be prepared.

BTW, I am not scared, I am "prepared", big difference you know?

And FryDaddy, you do not have to read this you know?

7. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

this isn't a "survivalist" forum, there are plenty of those out there.
    love the bilderberg and new world order references.
    Put the postman in your VCR and xxxxxxxxxx RUle on language
    http://www.cointalk.com/showthread.php

8. Zeplyn

You are correct, it is not a survivalist forum, it is a bullion forum. I suppose you know what that is right?
    My implications are such that based on whats going down in the World, bullion will rise to never seen before levels.
    Will you be prepared to "survive", if you have some PM then yes, you will stand a better chance.

As for the remaining part of your statement you can simply XXXX
    Inappropriate.

9. newcoinguy

newcoinguy Member

Zeplyn, You seem to like raising trouble on these forums. I dont know you but I have seen your name pop up around here often enough and what your usually saying to know your a trouble maker! Take it somewhere else

10. steven21020

steven21020 New Member

Absolutely correct!

I was too young but my Father said that the early sixties were really scary. The Cuba crisis was terrifying! The end of the world seems to be just round the corner.

The mid seventies changed the lives of my grandparents completely. They'd just retired, and the inflation rate destroyed their savings.

The early eighties were terrible for me. I'd graduated in science and there were no jobs in science. It was really terrible. Nevertheless, I got a job and later, managed to resume my chosen career.

Things today aren't too good, but the world has changed a lot. Looking around me, the world is a hell of a lot better than when I spent 6 months in Liverpool in 1982. I lived at the top of the famous Beatles 'Penny Lane'. The world was depressed and there seemed to be no future.

Despite what some people say, I feel far more optimistic than I ever did in the past. The countries will inflate/negotiate themselves out of the debt crisis and there's far too much too lose to do otherwise. Perhaps a decade of worry, but no doomsday scenarios.

Steve

PS But please don't stop the doomsday posts. I haven't seen a Monty Python in years, and I DO need my entertainment!! :hail:

11. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

As long as Zeplyn or any other does not violate the rules or other reasons the moderators or administrators decide are cause, they have a right to post their opinions. I have taken issue with some posting as a member ( not the moderator), but that is no reason to limit their activity. Also, all of you are intelligent to read and interpret complex issue and postings here, so I do feel you can use appropriate language as the rules requires.

Thanks, so now back to bullion.

Jim

12. Zeplyn

newcoinguy

I am by no means a trouble maker and you have a very large set of kahunna's to say that.
    No, you do not know me, this I am grateful for. I am a bullion collector and just starting paper collector who has a close eye and ear on whats happening to our United States.
    Wether or not you know it is a matter of education for ones self. I care, I am a Veteran of our Armed Forces. I believe the days of our lofty standard of living is fast ending. And most of all, I fear for people like you, those who seem not to have a clue. I also believe that bullion will be a protector of the inflation that will surly arise from the dark days ahead.

You are entitled to your own opinion, that is your right.

13. Zeplyn

Thank you Jim.

To my knowledge I have not violated any rules. You did change one of my post's above that could be read "between the lines" I felt he had no reason to post what he did, therefore my response.

14. desertgem

Zeplyn, some abbreviations, or "slurred speech cursing" are sometimes a question mark , but the rule page does state
    I do remember the 50s TV well and those letters would not have been allowed. I know they are used commonly in society, and I use the one Midas used ( without the interspacings) often when driving or discussing my HOA, etc. but not on the forum. The owner and administration has specified this very strongly, and I agree as I do think the very young are where the future of collectors has to be stimulated , and many parents would be disturbed if there was no such limitations on the use in the forum. Some would argue it is not realistic, but it is still the price to be on the forum and receive the rewards as such.

Thanks for giving me an opportunity to elaborate.

Jim

15. Zeplyn

You are welcome Jim.

My two Capital letter's ( X.X.) could stand for many things. Adults like yourself, no doubt understood the meaning.
    I am ok with your correction, no problem here. It is the lack of "tact and class" that brought my response across.

It is my hope that you are one of the ones prepared, based upon your remarks in several threads, I feel that you are.
    May the Almighty watch over us all.

16. desertgem

Zeplyn, I live near a large, and getting larger, Naval air station ( possible terrorism), a few miles from Mexico border ( drugs, gang warfare), 30 Miles from an active earthquake fault ( 7.2 ~11 months ago), and on a branch of the San Andreas extentsion, 80 ft below sea water ( flooding from global warning), and probably one of the few who will know if we are going to be hit by an asteroid weeks before we are ( former student in that area). Hyperinflation, hyperdeflation, stocks, etc. are just intermediate worries for me. I am as prepared as I feel I need be, but I can't let any of the former concerns rule my day. I do what I can and then enjoy that life is still fun and enjoyable to me. I am the type who believes in my Karma changing me, and me changing my karma :) Yes, I went to college in the 60s :)

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.