Here's a cheat code to get Silver Eagles near spot!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by The Half Dime, Apr 4, 2024.

1. The Half Dime

The Half Dime Arrows!

Before we begin, I am not telling you where to buy Silver Eagles and only where. Where you buy these is your choice. However, I am advising you of a deal that is almost unbeatable as of right now.

Yesterday I got something in the mail from Littleton, and from now until April 21, you can get $30 off a $60+ order. However, you can get Silver Eagles, regularly $45.95, for about $28 if you do what's below.

First go to Littleton and set up an account there if you haven't already. If you get letters from them, great because you've already succeeded in getting $30 off because of a promo code. Next, go to the 2024 Silver Eagles and add one in your cart. Then, shop around for decent deals until you get to roughly, or just over, $60. Go to checkout and enter the promo code they give you, and you basically get everything about 35-40% off after shipping. In other words, that's a Silver Eagle for near spot, and the one time I would order from Littleton before others!

Remember, this deal is good until April 21.

I am not connected to the ownership of Littleton in any way. This is an advisory of a great deal that has no bias to this company whatsoever.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dynoking

Dynoking Well-Known Member

I signed up and got a promo code that gave me 15% off, max $15. A roll of 2024 ASE's came out to $46.95 a coin. No deal.

imrich and charley like this.
  4. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Hmm...

Dynoking likes this.
  5. The Half Dime

The Half Dime Arrows!

Really? I have no idea why it would fall that way. You must've gotten a different promo code than I did, but it's weird either way.

Dynoking likes this.
  6. Dynoking

I’m not calling you a liar or for making up stories. It’s probably me not knowing what to do. Plus they were charging me tax. If I use my tax ID I’ll have to open a wholesale account then no discount for sure. I’m glad it worked for you and maybe others.
    Like the Archie Bunker would say K sa roo sa roo.

-jeffB likes this.
  7. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

sd.jpg

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    Dynoking likes this.
  8. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

9. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

You did not follow the OP's instructions!

10. Dynoking

Have you tried?

charley likes this.
  11. charley

charley Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm.....

12. David Betts

David Betts Elle Mae Clampett cruising with Dad

same here 15% /$15 max or 20% off $100 plus S & H

Dynoking likes this.
  13. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Doesn't any order from Littleton automatically sign you up for the subscription service? Random coins delivered to your door - no risk to you - simply return them and we won't charge your card...
    MS60 Presidential dollars galore.

14. The Half Dime

The Half Dime Arrows!

I see what you mean. I'm aware that you weren't calling me a liar in any way, but I would've provided the promo code if I remembered it. I threw the letter away sadly, which is why I didn't post the code. I do wish it would've worked for you, though,

I hope to God not. I definitely don't want them to send me coins, then I forget to send them back, and they take advantage of the credit card. If you ask me, this "Coins on Approval" is a scam to try and get money from a credit card.

I believe that if you don't send the coins back, they will likely track the card down and bill it with a massive fee for not sending the coins back. I'm definitely not for it as I certainly won't pay a premium for a "MS60" Presidential dollar that is likely AU. I can get those coins in bank rolls and convince them to pay a premium for the coins, so for once, they are the ones getting screwed over, and not us. That is, unless you go to a coin shop and get coins in their packaging for much cheaper.

Dynoking likes this.
  15. Lon Chaney

Yes, coins on approval, that's what it's called.
    It's in the fine print in their ads, they're in the red plum type circulars in the mail.
    upload_2024-4-4_17-0-24.png
    Here's an image I found online, but I circled the fine print in red. They advertise awesome deals, but that's what they're trying to get - your CC for the coins on approval subscription.

Also, I don't think anything is mis-advertised - I'm sure if it's MS60, it's MS60. But it's common junk that you would have a hard time offloading. They're selling to the grannies.

Dynoking likes this.
  16. Dynoking

Littleton may still have the coins on approval program. If you didn't specically sign up I do not think they would automatically enroll you.
    No hard feelings about the code/discount. You just trying to help your fellow CT'ers. I appreciate your efforts.
    Happy Collecting!
    Richard

green18 likes this.
  17. Dynoking

I took too long to type/post my comments above. Great catch!

18. Lon Chaney

I will say that I had a couple Littleton coin albums in the past and they were solid. I switched to Danscos, but only to make my shelf look uniform.

Dynoking likes this.
  19. The Half Dime

The Half Dime Arrows!

The way Littleton put that is simply a disgrace. I mean, who would read that fine print? If they give me those coins on approval, they better pay for the return postage. I'm not complaining about it, but sending services to people who didn't ask for them is a bit over the limit.

Do they automatically charge you, though, if you send the coins back but they never get them?

Lon Chaney likes this.
  20. Lon Chaney

They probably give you a return envelope or label. Honestly, I don't know, I've never ordered from them. But I betcha they have it down to a science to maximize profit and minimize loss.

David Betts likes this.
  21. cwart

cwart Senior Member Supporter

You actually DID agree to get the coins sent to you if it was stated in the ad, even in the fine print......

Its why I avoid Littleton like the plague...

Mr. Numismatist and eddiespin like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted