Featured Here is a counterfeit 2018 Silver Eagle in mint packaging!!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by *coins, May 17, 2018.

1. Brian Calvert

Brian Calvert Active Member

Because many are LAZY and want easy money. The scammer is no different then the Drug seller on the corner in the hood. Only, he is usually WHITE and operating outside of the legal boundaries. Reminds me of the MOB type, or Vegas, Bookies, etc. when they say, I only supply the avenue, if they are DUMB enough to buy it, or gamble on it, not my problem... This, in itself is where our Politicians have also headed.
    Honestly, 50 years ago do you think every person in Congress would have nothing to say about all the scandals (both sides) ? They would be up in arms of the daily twitter BS, or what the DOJ did, the lines are all blurred now. Reminds me of the 3 guys in a room, one turns and the other guy is shot, the one guy turns back around and the man holding the gun says "I didn't do it" Besides, you didn't see me anyway, so there is NO proof". I use this comparison a lot because it feels like today. Make it sound good on CNBC and it must be so. Ask Kudlow, even tho we know he said the same exact thing in 2008 during the collapse right until they shut him down.
    Things are headed in a really bad direction, hold on and prepare.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

we should start making fake chinese silver and gold coins and shipping them to china ...

I wonder how they would react to that scenario ??

*coins, Dave Waterstraat and serafino like this.
  4. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Money, Boon... money, and is really that simple.

5. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

LOL, a little reciprocal trade with our good "friends" in China.

LA_Geezer and Santinidollar like this.
  6. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Glad this thread got featured.

runninghorse1 likes this.
  7. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Problem is, them making fake coins and shipping them here is legal for them. Us making fake chinese coins is ILLEGAL here. Now if you want to find some other country where counterfeiting another countries coins is legal and then ship them to China go ahead. But you can't do it here.

8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

China doesn't seem to have a big problem with merchandise coming in, but they certainly get worked up about information that they don't control. I think an approach targeting that is more likely to bear fruit, but I don't have a plan.

9. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

The whole font is wrong.

10. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

There's a few things I don't like. However, I was trying to make this as easy as possible by providing what I felt is the most clear cut visual evidence proving it a fake. The U is something anyone from new to experienced can identify, while the font may not be so obvious. :)

11. V. Kurt Bellman

Troo dat.

12. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I'm surprised that no one (unless I missed it) ever pointed out that the date is completely wrong. Very tiny as compared to the large digit font used on the ASE's.

13. V. Kurt Bellman

The eBay listing had ONE picture on which detail was cleverly hidden, making me believe the seller is no innocent party.

Silversloth likes this.
  14. *coins

*coins Well-Known Member

They have many photos of other items that are the same way - it's because they use the flash.

15. *coins

*coins Well-Known Member

Did not expect this to be featured, but I'm very happy it is. Hopefully people see this and are more careful when buying coins on eBay.

16. Dynoking

Dynoking Well-Known Member

The relief of the sun and the (lack of) taper of the rays immediately catch my eye as incorrect.

17. Wintry Mix

Wintry Mix Member

Another pickup point on the fake ASE is the Y in LIBERTY. It's skinny and strangely shaped vs. the authentic ones.

18. armysgti

armysgti Active Member

Good Catch BooksB4Coins !! And what should the weight be ???

19. V. Kurt Bellman

About 31.1 g There are LOADS of "tells" that the piece is fake, none of them visible on the eBay seller's listing.

armysgti likes this.
  20. quidproquocoin

quidproquocoin New Member

I wonder if the seller is a small timer or someone that bought packaging from a third party grading firm.

21. Silversloth

Silversloth Member

Seems like he would have earned a neg/neutral feedback or 2?

Draft saved Draft deleted