Help me list Foreign 1 ounce .999 Silver coins

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Jswain0411, Jul 21, 2009.

1. John the Jute

John the Jute Collector of Sovereigns

Hi Fullmoonkid,

PiVi is, as usual, quite right. The silver Maple Leaf coins are made of a slightly purer silver.

I'm less sure about this. I thought that the Silver Eagle had a gross weight of one ounce; in other words that the coin contained 0.999 ounces of fine silver.

Later,

John

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

I know the silver eagles are wider than the maples, but I don't know if that means that it contains 1 oz of silver or 1 oz total of .999 silver + .001 copper

4. Fullmoonkid

Fullmoonkid Member

Thanks John , thats the part that interests me , the Maple being purer.

5. Rono

Rono Senior Member

Hi Cecil,

Wow, this guy has a glorious selection - the best I've seen. Now all I've got to do is figure out how to pay for a bunch of his stuff.

I've got the ASE set and the Maple Leafs and am working on the other big sets - Pandas, Libertads, Britannias, Kooks, etc.

I was fortunate to find a dealer by my grandkids that has a great selection of silver crowns. And this is how I blend Collecting with Hoarding Bullion - I have my stash of bullion in various forms - rounds and ingots, rolls of eagles, etc. Yet I have the modern bullion coins and am working on each of their sets. AND for historical purposes, I have started a collection of silver crowns. For example, I bought a Pillar Dollar and for my grand kids it's a history lesson all by itself.

Anyway, thanks for the great link.

rono

quote=cecilstarcher;646304]Check out this dealer:

http://pinewoodcollectibles.ecinet.org[/quote]

6. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

I looked at the booklet that came with my ASE, it says .999 oz of silver, so that's settled

7. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

british britannia, chinese panda and australian lunar II.

Draft saved Draft deleted