Have you ever....?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Johndoe2000$, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Hello all, have you ever went back to look at some of the earliest threads on this site ? They are a good read, and some are a little dated, for example, one founding member was asked about the name of his new invention, to which he replied," I think I'll call it fire, don't know if it will catch on though." LOL Seriously though, check them out sometime.

John.

Eaglefawn and Ericred like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TJ1952

TJ1952 Well-Known Member

All the time.

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  4. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Yeah, I have to go back and read 'em every now n then just so I can remember what my name is :)

So just how far back have ya gone John ?

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  5. Johndoe2000$

I went as far as I could , if I remember correctly, you , and Peter were posting, can't remember too much, only that it was a little different than today's CT. I won't say dated, but you could if you want, LOL. I plan to check them all when time allows. Oh, I remember that there were very few avatars. (I have a new one. )

6. GDJMSP

Well John just so ya know, there are several members, still active here on the forum, that have been CT members even longer than I have. And you can check that for yourself just by looking at a member's Profile Page.

When ya do that if you look at the url address bar the number at the end of the url address is that member's Member Number. For example, this is mine -
    https://www.cointalk.com/members/gdjmsp.112/ - I am member number 112.

If you look at yours - https://www.cointalk.com/members/johndoe2000.82085/ - you are member number 82,085.

Not that it means anything, it's just an interesting little bit of trivia about CT that not everybody knows :)

Eaglefawn and Johndoe2000$ like this.
  7. Johndoe2000$

I didn't know that, thanks. I will assume that you know ( and participated ) a lot about how this site has evolved into what it is today. Thanks again.

John.

8. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

I go look at the old threads all the time. Good info in those. And I like searching for the locked ones that got a bit out of hand. Those are the best to read lol

Smojo and Johndoe2000$ like this.
  9. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

It is a little disheartening to go back and read old threads and find the same questions are asked, over and over, many times through the years. I haven't been a member here as long as some others, but I've been on the NGC forums for nearly 11 years now.

10. GDJMSP

I think I can safely say that most of those who participate on any coin forum participate on more than one. At one time I was a member of something like 13 different coin forums, all at the same time. Most of which are gone now of course. One or two others have disappeared, and reappeared, more than once over the years.

To my knowledge, other than CT, the only ones that still exist that I am a member of are the NGC and PCGS forums, both of which I was a member of before CT even existed. But I haven't posted in either one of them for a long time.

11. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Not sure just how I came to be on CT, but have never been on any other and have no plans to be on another one in the future. I really like collecting coins, but I am not really "professional" about it, and I like the way most people are treated on this site.

As far as answering the same questions over and over again, I teach chemistry and have taught the difference between ionic and covalent compounds over and over many times, but each time it is to a different audience that has never heard it before. Also, think about stage actors who do a play six days a week and twice on Sunday!!!

12. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I got on CT simply because Google brought it up on top of a search. Fortunate, I would say.:D

Draft saved Draft deleted