Has anyone bought 10 ASE's for $18.95 each through GovMint.com?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by WingedLiberty, Feb 1, 2015.

1. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

There is a limit of 10 only ...

http://www.govmint.com/us-coins/silver-coins/silver-eagle/2015-1-dollar-1-oz-silver-eagle-bu-10.html

Seems like a tiny premium when compared to other bullion dealers.

That being said, there is a $14.95 shipping cost on the 10 ASE's so I suppose the actual cost is $20.45 per ASE (including shipping), which still appears to be cheaper than what I can find elsewhere (at least for that small of an order).

Still I am not sure if this is a good deal or not ?!?! Maybe that depends more on whether silver is selling for $9 an ounce in a few years or not!! (LOL)

Anyone have any thoughts on it?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

4. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

Thanks for that link ... that's the cheapest I've seen!

5. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

I wouldn't recommend buying from govmint

6. I tend to stay away from too good to be true deals. I have noticed when they charge a cheaper rate for a coin or coins, they jack up the shipping price. Whereas, some dealers do not charge for shipping. I would also check with the US Mint to see who are their authorized dealers in bullion and I chose from those companies. I personally prefer AMPEX.

7. putlovr

putlovr New Member

They do not bear the West Point mint mark. Here is what the US Mint says:
    "
    All US Mint American Eagle Coins will bear the "W" mint mark denoting their production by the West Point Mint. Without a mint mark, they are not official US Mint produced coins.
    "

8. putlovr

putlovr New Member

Govmint says that they are produced by the US Mint.
    "
    Yes, correct, the US Mint.
    "
    The Eagles the US Mint offers on the Website are collector versions. The BU and the Proof. The BU from the US Mint have the

W mint mark. We do not carry those. The ones we have as well as other companies are massed produced by the Mint. The mintage is by demand

So there is no exact amount until they decide to stop making them. The collector versions are for customers that only want certain mint marks and that is why they are more money. The collector versions are shipped in boxes. With that said, we ship ours in vinyl flips"

So I don't know.

9. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I too like APMEX. I also buy from JM Bullion. Others I like are MCM and CRC-1 on eBay.

10. American eagle bullion doesn't have a mint mark and are issued to authorize dealers
    . Brilliant uncirculated and proof American Silver Eagles are sold directly from the US MINT.

11. I clicked on the link. They are actually $17.95 each! If you buy 10: $179.95 + $14.95 shipping = $194.45 or about $19.45 per ounce. That's not too shabby. TC

12. silverbullion

silverbullion Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted