Has anybody bought from the bullion exchanges on the bay ?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mpcusa, Jun 17, 2017.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

was looking on the bay for a good price on some gold and noticed some excellent
    Prices on bullion exchanges i usually buy all my PM,S through APMEX but there
    Prices are higher then average for the same thing however they have excellent
    Service, just wanted to see what kind of reputation they have and if anybody
    on here has bought from them ?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ddddd

ddddd Member

Bullion Exchanges on ebay is fairly good. The orders can take a few days to ship (maybe even 3-5). The product tends to be fine (especially if it's just bullion). I did have two orders that each had 1 coin with spots (and the others in those orders were flawless). I could likely have returned the spotted one, but the amount was low enough where it wasn't worth it.

4. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

No complaints here.

5. mpcusa

Yeah i noticed they were in New York, so shipping time here to the west coast
    was several days in addition, instead of giving one approx. date they give a wide
    Range like a week, as a rule i tend to avoid those kind of sellers but still may
    give them a try if the feedback is positive on here.

6. DAV

DAV New Member

I usually buy from MCM. Good product and good prices.

7. ddddd

ddddd Member

The range for delivery is auto-generated by ebay. The seller can only specify their handling time (i.e. 1 business day before they ship it out). Plus, once a seller ships something, it's completely on the postal system for how long it takes. For example, I've received some packages from California to Illinois quicker than packages sent from central Illinois to northern Illinois.

8. mpcusa

No matter where you are, there is a minimum shipping time even if its in the same
    State, i have found 3 days to be the magic number, one day to process, one day travel time and then processing out for delivery. i think the key like you said is there
    handling time if they moved that up a day or two they may get more customers
    after all this is a microwave world, everybody wants it now !! me included..LOL

9. mpcusa

I have bought from them, good service and the prices are fair :)

10. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Haven't had any issues. Competitive prices, at least on their bullion products.

11. GoldBug999

GoldBug999 Well-Known Member

I have bought from Apmex, Liberty, and MCM, sometimes thorugh ebay, and sometimes directly from their websites - no problems.

12. mpcusa

The input is greatly appreciated :)

13. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I only buy AGEs on eBay specials from reliable dealers. They are always around.

14. stoster38

stoster38 Member

I recently started buying from bullion exchanges. So far so good. Just keep your eyes open for good deals!! :)

15. mpcusa

How quick was the shipping ? always a concern of mine as i want it now..LOL

16. stoster38

stoster38 Member

Lol never had any complaints about how quickly they shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. mpcusa

I see on ebay that there handling times are a bit lengthy up to a week so
    that is what i was looking at

18. stoster38

stoster38 Member

I've bought both through eBay & their website. Don't recall waiting that long, unless it was a preorder, before they shipped my items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Sundance79

Sundance79 Active Member

I've bought from all of them over the past couple of years (Bay Precious Metals, MCM, Bullion Exchange, APMEX, JM Bullion). I'd say all are about the same. I just bought 5 mixed date Silver Eagles from a new kid on the block (at least new to me) Monument Metals. I placed the order on Monday and had the Eagles in my hand by Thursday and that was with their free shipping. $100 delivered. I had a partial roll of mixed date Eagles and this completed the roll for me. I was very happy and there was great comms with the owner Johnathan. I'll be buying more silver from him in the future.

20. mpcusa

That.s a nice touch when the owner is involved gives a personal involvement in
    The transaction :)

21. Sundance79

Sundance79 Active Member

What was really cool about Jonathan was when he asked me want I was looking for, and it turned out he didn't have it or couldn't get it, he suggested the best online bullion dealer to get it from. Now that is taking care of a customer!

stoster38 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted