Happening now: Gold/Platinum Bungee Jump!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SD51555, Jul 19, 2015.

1. SD51555

SD51555 Active Member

If you don't have alerts set up, here's why it's helpful. I've been riding the scud missile of bullion into the abyss, and just found a new low. I picked up a pamp bar at $1160 a couple weeks ago. I picked up another at $1104 a few days ago. Tonight, I snatched one more at $1026 about 30 seconds after my lower limit alert hit my phone.

upload_2015-7-19_21-5-14.png

upload_2015-7-19_21-7-3.png

upload_2015-7-19_21-7-56.png

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

So, water falls are bad? :p

spirityoda likes this.
  4. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Well, not if you are selling short....

If you are viewing these dips as buying opportunities, I would have to say yeah, they are bad. We have heard so much this year about buying the dips, but that strategy has turned at to be a real disaster. Plat, Gold, and Silver, are all near or at multi year lows, so anyone who "bought the dips" is considerably underwater, and when you figure in the huge buy/sell spread, it gets much uglier.

Mike

5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

6. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I didn't get that. Why would prices decline after hearing China HASN'T been buying more, raising demand? You would have thought it would be the other way around, that if China confessed it had been buying more than expected it would give people pause, thinking only Chinese demand had been supporting the market.

Eh, lower prices simply means I can continue to buy more coins I have wanted to own, now that prices are lower. I am loving the lower levels.

7. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

e
    You can look at it the other way. It has been many folks belief that China, and India were buying up Gold because that were savy and "they knew what they were doing", had faith in metals, no faith in fiat, and the folks thought the smart play was to follow suit. Now it seems the the Chinese have more faith in the Greenbacks, US equities, US real estate than a useless yellow metal, so confidence in said useless yellow metal drops.

BTW if you like Gold in 2015 at $1,100, you will love it in 2016. I just can't seem to find a reason why we will not see Gold at $800.

8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

"Well, obviously, it's because They are manipulating the price of gold to keep it artificially low! They can't keep gold down forever, though, so sensible people should be buying all they can. (From us, of course.)"

9. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

If that were true, it would be a felony to profit off the scam if you knowing knew about the scan and intended to profit from it. So not only could they seize your profits, you could also be sent to jail. The man is just alwasy trying to keep us down.....

10. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Draft saved Draft deleted