Guess the fake sad poll - Libertad

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by wcoins, Feb 19, 2014.

?

Which one is fake?

Poll closed Feb 22, 2014.
  1. Coin 1

17 vote(s)
    56.7%
  2. Coin 2

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  1. medjoy

medjoy Active Member

#2 is fake.
    Pedestal is too tall, as seen below the right panel
    Missing concavity on right mountain top
    Shorter right mountain top, too pointed
    Left tallest mountain top not flat enough

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. torontokuba

torontokuba Thread Crapper & Hijacker, TP please.

Yup, the guys who voted #2 are right. I voted before doing any research, in order to make it more fun and I got it wrong.

4. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

12 people focused too much on the knockers.

5. torontokuba

I'll tell you one thing, the spacing between letters and layout of the coin appear to be done more professionally on the fake. ;)

6. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

Many things looked better on the fake. I didn't pay attention to her chest, but the mountains, plants, etc. Ignoring the fact one is fake, I would pic coin #2 every day as the more attractive coin. So much so I was going to buy some of these, but now iwll take a close look in person to see if I believe the coin is really worth it.

torontokuba likes this.
  7. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

I think the fake is horrible altogether.

TopcatCoin likes this.
  8. Lucky Cuss

Lucky Cuss Cobrador de Plata

Well, since which it is seems to have been revealed, I'll say that the diagnostic aspect regarding #2 that jumped out at me was how far the lettering and the tips of the wings are from the rim. That was the obvious thing to me.

TC, you do realize that Mexico is on the metric system?

TopcatCoin likes this.
  9. torontokuba

I guess it's a case of Made in Mexico vs. Made in China ...? Unless the fakes are also made elsewhere.

10. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

What details do you like about the fake? Rubber man arm looks awful, those mountains are poor in detail, the bushes look like worms on a flat surface, the lettering is plain and boring, Goddess Victoria's head looks more like Liberty on a Mercury dime, her wings are a joke, it's all just terrible.

Here's another picture of a genuine proof Libertad, maybe it was the poor picture of the first coin that made you think the fake looked better.
    $_57 (12).JPG

11. torontokuba

The legend is not as close to the rim as on the original. Wing is not touching the rim. I was just speaking to the layout being more thought out, better placement, more professional than the one "Hencho en Mexico".

I do not know if these things improved from year to year. I was judging the original photos.

12. westcoasting

westcoasting Active Member

Here's the pic of my Proof 5-onza (purchased from Apmex) taken from the Post Your Bullion thread (sorry for the angled perspective). Lots of nice detail in this coin.
    [​IMG]

txguy, Hatefakes and wcoins like this.
  13. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

Looks great. Only 1600 made.

14. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

Hey guys leave Goddess Victoria's intimates alone :D , better talk about the results, 50/50, so many people got this wrong, wow.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted