Grades are in on my 2021 proofs

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by longarm, Apr 25, 2021.

1. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

Got my Congratulation sets back from PCGS and scored a 70. Still waiting for the regular proofs to ship, but I did score 2 out of 5, will post pics when they arrive.

2021obvASE.JPG

And here's the only proof AGE I was able to get.

2021obvAGE.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Very cool. I tried for the gold but didn't get one.

4. longarm

Yeah, they were hard to get. I was trying for the 1/4 oz but wasn't able, but hey the tenth is cool too.

5. longarm

fretboard likes this.
  6. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

7. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

8. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Thanks for the share.

9. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

Question on the silver proofs...I read on one of these posts that one should give their ASEs an acetone bath before submitting. Is that the consensus, or does it not really matter?

I have a V75 that I should probably submit, that is why I am asking.

10. longarm

I've never tried that.

11. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I'm glad you posted this as I hardly ever see an MS70 right next to an MS69 so that by itself was educational. :D Also, not everyone on Cointalk collects ASE's or sends them in to be graded either, so glad to see your graded coins. Just out of curiosity do you ever sell your MS70's? I mean is that why you have them graded? Quite a set, never heard of it until I looked it up! :happy:

https://www.coinnews.net/2021/02/11...ilver Eagles,coin's obverse features Adolph A.

Garlicus and midas1 like this.
  12. longarm

No I don't buy them to sell, what I don't use in my old age will go to my kids and grandkids.

fretboard and Garlicus like this.
  13. longarm

Here's the reverse of the AGE.
    2021revAGE.JPG

Garlicus likes this.
  14. Gam3rBlake

Gam3rBlake Well-Known Member

I got a V75 ASE but it’s still in the OGP since none of my local dealers are PCGS authorized :/.

But I’m kind of pissed at the US Mint because mine has a few hairline scratches visible under magnification even though it’s never been out of the capsule so it couldn’t possibly have been damage on my part.

But I know it's pointless to send it back for a refund since it's still worth more than the $83 I paid for it.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  15. longarm

Yeah, you have to take what you get from the mint, they've pissed me off more times than I can count. I ship them off to the graders myself, it's only $69 a yr for the silver membership, which isn't bad. Here's my 2021 proofs I'm sending off.
    2021proofs.JPG

CoinJockey73 and Gam3rBlake like this.
  16. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I always try to get the 1/10th oz AGE, but by the time I was able to sign on, they were all gone. Is there some website where I can purchase one without closing my bank?

17. Mac McDonald

Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

Understand completely. Are you sure they're not on the capsule or on the underside (underside being closer to the coin so maybe harder to tell)...?

midas1 likes this.
  18. Gam3rBlake

Gam3rBlake Well-Known Member

Yeah I thought it was the capsule at first.

But then I put it under magnification and it’s definitely on the coin itself.

It’s only visible under bright light but it’s still super annoying.

19. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Sounds like a waste of dough............

Evan Saltis likes this.
  20. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

@longarm. Can you see the difference between the PR69DC and PR70DC Silver Eagles? If so, could you please explain it. Thank You :)

midas1 likes this.
  21. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Draft saved Draft deleted