Goofy Spread on Platinum Eagle Sizes Again

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SD51555, Aug 3, 2015.

1. SD51555

SD51555 Active Member

It's back. Two half ounce eagles are significantly cheaper than a single one ounce eagle at Apmex. Both are still very hefty premiums over spot. Provident doesn't have any for sale in any size right now. Buy prices also seem to be a closely held secret right now. Strange market...

upload_2015-8-3_19-31-28.png

upload_2015-8-3_19-33-15.png

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. WLH22

WLH22 Well-Known Member

I noticed that too. When I saw Platinum was down again after hours I went shopping. When I saw they wanted $400+ over spot for one oz I passed. That is too big of a markup for me.

4. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

5. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

6. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

7. SD51555

SD51555 Active Member

8. SD51555

SD51555 Active Member

I'm not sold on Valcambi bars yet. Don't quote me on this, but I don't believe Apmex, as an example, states their buy price for Valcambi platinum bars. I don't know what drives that, but i'm afraid a deal on the front end may mean you're providing a deal on the back end if/when you sell.

I like to stick with pamp bars or eagles when it comes to gold and platinum. I'm a tad more cavalier when it comes to ten oz silver bars.

9. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

So I might be behind but has the mint released the 2015 platinum eagle in bullion version yet? The web says the proof will be released in December.

Draft saved Draft deleted