Gold

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by CHARLES GINETTO, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Oh please fellows..... Let's not go there.

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

edited:
    Just saying that some of the stuff being talked about would send gold SKYROCKETING. I think I am allowed to say that.

I hope.....:D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2020
    Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  4. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

Won't happen. People wouldn't put up with FDR's shenanigans now. It would start a revolution and prove how worthless fiat currencies are.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2020
    johnmilton and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Watch the political comments !!!

7. GoldFinger1969

I think you're probably right but this possibility has gone from Kookyville to merely Highly Unlikely. :D

With the internet and global gold ownership, I don't think you could have a U.S. ban or restriction on gold.

Little-known fact: most of the gold owners in the 1930's who turned in their gold were 1st or 2nd generation immigrants, many of whom didn't speak English. They were wary of doing something illegal and so handed in their gold coins.

I believe my grandfather alone had several Double Eagle gold coins he had accumulated in his time in the merchant marines. In fact, believe it or not, I believe he may have had a 1927-D Saint. My mother swears that in the 1950's or 1960's (she can't remember when) my grandfather (who used to read The NY Times every day for 80 years) he read that a coin he once had was sold for like $2,000 or something like that. 100x what he paid for it or what it was given to him as money.:mad:

I believe 1927-D's sold for a few thousand dollars in the 1950's or early-1960's.

8. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

With your indicated beliefs, I think you might find reading of the Minnesota bullion statute interesting, with the governments legal capability to confiscate. Believe me, correcting government regulation oversight is virtually impossible.

JMHO

9. CHARLES GINETTO

CHARLES GINETTO Active Member

Here's what you're referring to: https://www.numismaticnews.net/arti...minnesota-clients?et_mid=680729&rid=238182408 The moral of the story is don't do business with Minnesotans.

10. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

When we buy gold, we should hope that the price drops. Lower gold prices mean peace and tranquility in the world and inflation under control. Wishing for high gold prices means that you want chaos, war and inflation...not good for our grandchildren's quality of life and purchasing power.

11. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

With every passing day, I'm more convinced that there's no level of shenanigans people won't put up with, or even actively encourage.

To run with @GoldFinger1969's metaphor, Kookyville dun annexed us.

Heavymetal and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  12. CHARLES GINETTO

CHARLES GINETTO Active Member

Low gold prices are not good for people who bought low. Low gold prices didn't bring peace and tranquility especially when FDR lined up the ships and planes at Pearl Harbor to make an excellent row of sitting ducks for the Japs.

13. Greg Bayes

Greg Bayes Where's the loo?

Japs?

Two Dogs likes this.
  14. GoldFinger1969

Yeah, I thought the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor !!!:wideyed:

Two Dogs likes this.
  15. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

most of the Rockefellers here don't have enough gold to worry about gold prices dipping. LOL

Two Dogs and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  16. Aunduril

Aunduril Well-Known Member

Journalists over hyping something to gain viewers, hmmmm.....odd.

17. GoldBug999

GoldBug999 Well-Known Member

As with other commodities, the easily mined gold has already been mined. Other gold sources will be tapped as the price of gold goes up, exceeding the mining costs of the harder to reach and low-yield sources.

18. SilverSurfer415

SilverSurfer415 Well-Known Member

So even a gold tooth will be recycled and turn into new gold?

19. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

That can happen.

20. Chip Kirkpatrick

Chip Kirkpatrick Well-Known Member

Years ago 60 Minutes also ran a story about a man who was “mining” the sidewalks in the jewelry district for gold.

According to the story this guy spent his days scraping the joints between the sidewalk slabs and collecting all the crap and cleaning it. He determined that years ago, jewelers would have bits of gold dust collect on their shoes and it would fall off onto the sidewalks. Then when it rained the dust settled in those joints and stayed there. According to the story he was collecting an a average of $700 a week in gold dust. That was at least 30 years ago so comparing the value then and now...

Chuck_A and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  21. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

That wasn't a free market. Those were fixed prices. Those are always bad, and an indication that political leaders are clueless and afraid.

Draft saved Draft deleted