Gold

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by letmesee2, Jun 18, 2015.

1. letmesee2

letmesee2 Active Member

I am considering buying up to $50,000.00 in gold. I have never purchased gold before. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good reputable company?

swamp yankee likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

www.comparegoldprices.com is where I start sir. Nearly all or all of the vendors on this site are reputable, including the largest in the US.

swamp yankee likes this.
  4. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Let's see:

You have never purchased gold before.

Yet, want to invest $59K in it.

And need help.

Here is a thought --- DON'T.

Study, read, study some more, then read some more.

Also, why is this under error coins?

6. letmesee2

letmesee2 Active Member

Sorry to bother you. I was interested to see if one company was rated above all others. There are several people that seem always want to help the other members. And, if there are companies on coin talk that sale gold, what the problem with asking?

7. letmesee2

letmesee2 Active Member

Thank you so much. I have been reading but, it still is a question to buy bars or gold coins. I have a few gold coins however, I understand it may be easier to sell the bars if needed.

8. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

I'm not much of a gold buyer, but liquidity seems to be very key. If it was I, I'd buy gold eagles and the best deals recently seem to be Apmex on ebay. Using a cash rewards credit card thru paypal to get a couple % back any ebux or other offers.

9. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

Scottsdale Silver (Sells/makes gold bars as well), APMEX, your local coin shop, eBay (make sure its a reputable seller) , JMbullion, Provident Metals are all great sources

10. PeacePeople

11. PeacePeople

12. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Ah, that is different, it seems as though you were new to the market.

If new, a ton of research is in order.

The companies that VDB penny mentioned are all reliable, as far as I have heard.

13. OldGoldGuy

OldGoldGuy Members Only Jacket

14. SunriseCoins

SunriseCoins Active Member

Bad idea to buy that much Gold right now or Silver. Your going to have a messy average to deal with and both PM's are going down over the next few years more then to a flat line.

I know people start seeing the Dollar go down and think now is the time to go in big but your wrong the FED will do what is needed over the next coming months to pump the Dollar back up again. Just way to early to buy that much in Gold or Silver.

5k for gold over 12 months is not going to be a bad idea but really you should wait till Mid year next year for Gold and get a grip on what the FED moves were and how PM's handled the decision the FED and D.C. have made by then.

With $60k spent on Gold and about $30k of it on the line because of down trend trade action, do not do it. Wait mid next year to see about making a move like that. Your not a Gov that takes peoples money and will waste it at any time on any thing.

15. OldGoldGuy

WOW! Did that just fly over everyones head???? We have a prophet on CT!!!! Someone who states the direction of metals like they are watching it play out on their crystal ball!

While I do agree with the "hold off" theory SunriseCoins states, I cannot even begin to agree with the reason why. I would have to argue the "knowledge is power" idiom with a $50k gold investment. You just have no clue what you are doing; self stated. $50k might be a lot to some, or pennies to another, but Uncle Sam at the least would say it is significant. Make sure you do a LITTLE research before dumping 2x the average American salary, or, saying you are potentially spending that much until you KNOW what you are doing.

16. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I didn't see him asking for investment advice, only for help on where to purchase gold reputably. I see no reason to assume anything other than that he has already done his homework regarding investment options and has decided to move that sum of money into PMs. All he is asking for is help with executing his decision from those who may have more experience with PM transactions.

17. OldGoldGuy

What do you mean "assume he has done his homework"....are we reading the same post? He blatantly said he has no experience.

If you saw a blind old woman crossing a road when a truck was coming, would you not offer to help, shout "LOOKOUT" or something similar because she has a feminism shirt on? Its called being a decent human man. Oh, and not assuming....there's a saying....

18. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

You are making unfounded assumptions.

He said he has no experience buying gold. To make an analogy, just because you have not bought a car yet and are inquiring for advice on a good place to buy a car it does not necessarily mean that you are completely unfamiliar with cars nor does it mean that you are totally incapable of determining that you need to buy one or that you are not able to budget how much you can spend on a car or determine what type of car you want.

imrich and coinzip like this.
  19. OldGoldGuy

I don't know if I disagree with your interpretation of the post or your logic. I do know that I disagree with you, and that I made no assumptions in my argument....winning by default.

20. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

No win, what Jaelus said is correct.

He said he has no experience in buying gold.
    He later says he has gold coins, but I guess you missed that also.
    Stop the bully argumentation.

longnine009 likes this.
  21. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

I like the American Gold Eagle vs. gold bars.

Draft saved Draft deleted