Gold Under $1,100 In Early Trading

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by GoldFinger1969, Jul 19, 2015.

1. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Right before the Special high relief gold coin? Yes please!

yakpoo likes this.
  4. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

If gold was a "buy" on Friday, it's REALLY a "buy" today.

McBlzr likes this.
  5. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

I've heard of $10 silver and $800 gold . Especially with China's manufacturing way down and an increase of mining there's more supply than demand .

6. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

And if they do hit those targets then you'll start hearing $8 silver and $650 gold...just a bunch of B.S.ers.

Whipps likes this.
  7. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Don't thinks so, lot of good reasons why it will reach those levels, and they have been posted here. Can you give any reasons why it won't reach those levels? I can't think of any except some sort of black Swan event, but I just can't base a whole investment strategy around something like that. That possibility seem more like a reason to diversify .

8. Larry G

Larry G Member

9. Silverino

Silverino Well-Known Member

10. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

I think I will stay away from buying/selling for now. It's much safer on my budget.

11. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

B/c every country on earth is printing tons of paper money, and when the stock market crashes people will buy gold & silver.

12. Silverino

Silverino Well-Known Member

If it's available! I think everyone here will hoard and not selling until all's clear. Or flipping silver for gold when the ratio improves.

13. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Every country is not printing money. The US is an important exception. When it was printing money, the stock market did not crash. So we need more dots to connect your point. Also, I have said this a hundred times. you can agrue all day long on how much money to print, but printing money is absolutley necessary. The money supply must grow. There is no other choice.

Also, the stockmarket will correct someday because that is what markets do. The timing of that correction is very had to predict and I humbly suggest that you cannot predict that time frame. So what you are trying to do is predict the correction before the downturn of PM's are complete. My guess that is going against the odds.

Now you also have the problem that if there is a market correction, the assunption money will pour into PM's is not necessary true and there is no way to predict how much PM's would rise if money did flow that way. The results are anything but guaranteed to be liked 2008. In fact there have been many market corrections, but only once (2008) were metals pushed to unsubstainable levels. So you are really on the wrong side of the odds on this one. In fact, the odds are really stacked against that since folks will remember how bad a play to buy PM's was when it all fell apart. Folks will be much less likey to drive PM's to those levels again. The fact is the correct move in 2008 was pour money into the equity market. Now those folks are riding around in fancy cars, smokin' big cigars with pretty girls on their laps.

My suggestion to you would be to stop reading zerohedge and Silver doctor. You will go broke listening to them. Their only goal is to separate you from your fiat. JMO

Silverino likes this.
  14. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

The way you make money on silver and gold is to invest regularly and not speculate. You may get lucky, most won't.

When it's going down, you buy the low points - regularly. As in - every month or two, you make a purchase.

If you speculate and miss the market - you get nothing. If you buy on the way down, eventually it flatlines and starts to go back up. By then you've accumulated a substantial quantity (hopefully), and you've got a very low dollar cost average.

Then you can either hold or buy cautiously on the way up and know you're in the money no matter what.

yakpoo likes this.
  15. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

Very good points. However, I think many of us are looking to buy when silver hits $10. And that could happen this year.

16. serafino

Well we are seeing the opposite scenario, silver is crashing in value (down 70%) and the Stock Market is in record breaking territory.

The old saying is "buy low and sell high". I think we are getting close to the buy time for silver.

17. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

I agree. The stock market is pinging up against 18k and the last 5-6 months has been going sideways with a 500 point spread either way. To me that says a lot of people are firming up their exit strategy.

For the record - I haven't heard one pundit say "Dow 19k" all year. And I watch the financial channel every morning.

We've got an election year coming up with a lame duck president, we've got a market that hasn't had a correction in several years, and we have massive inflation happening for goods and services produced within the USA (passing on their costs for the Affordable Care Act and families feeling the pain of increased costs for taxes and gov't services).

I don't know that silver will hit $10, and I'm betting it won't - but it's speculation. For protection, I'm buying the dips on the way down in gold and silver.

If silver hits $10 and gold $800, I'll be buying more at that time - but I've got a "sell" horizon that is well over 10 years. If I can leverage sooner, great. Otherwise this is part of a diversified retirement portfolio.

My two targets the next few years are precious metals and real estate.

If we get a conservative president - the market upheaval will be massive.

And I keep reminding myself of delaying instant gratification as I watch my car turn 5 years old and creep towards on the odometer.

serafino likes this.
  18. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

19. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Gold at $800 would be at about the historical median, inflation-adjusted price since the end of the gold standard. I don't think it's crazy at all.

I'm planning to start buying when it hits $1000 and more heavily as it goes lower.

20. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I can't go all in but I'll pick up 5 ounces regardless.

21. serafino

If gold hits $800. I'm hoping to buy more 1860-1880's Italian gold 20 lire bullion coins.

Draft saved Draft deleted