Gold LEGOs

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by fatima, Nov 30, 2012.

1. fatima

fatima Junior Member

Again if you bothered to read the article, it said that it was embossed with the "old" corporate logo. Specifically, the logo in use at the time the employee, who would have received this nice gift, was hired. I was working at the Bell System when the particular subsidiary of it gave out coins celebrating it's 100 year anniversary. The coin included a telephone from the late 1800s and the old Bell System Logo.

I find the rest of your arguments to be as equally compelling.

:zzzzzz:

------------------------------------------

It should be noted the piece has now sold. That was very quick.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

This is entertaining!

4. Juan Blanco

Juan Blanco New Member

No, it doesn't. Nothing's embossed, nor does BrickEnvy say or imply anything of the sort.
    S/he says "its original display box {...}features the LEGO logo of the time that it was given out."
    That old logo was discontinued in 1973, not "1979" nor "1981."

Once again: the Hohenwestedt factory opened in 1956. Lego Spielwaren GmbH was incorporated 12 Jan 1956. It's mathematically impossible that someone worked there "25 years" in 1979 - that's only 23 years!

The old Lego logo from 1954 was this:

1953-55_logo.png

and this:
    1953-55_logo2.png

The "dogbone logo" appeared in 1955:

1955_sy_ileg_logo.png

The 1965 logo was also different:

1960_logo.png

http://brickfetish.com/timeline/1956.html
    "Beginning in 1958 Lego began to use international Lego System boxes that had no language specific text. This practice of single international boxes, and later instruction books, was used for many years." And that's the old logo for your imaginary "employee of 25 years" until the early 1970s.

fwiw: in 1957, Lego celebrated it's SILVER Jubilee and in 1982 Lego celebrated a GOLDEN Jubilee. There is no record that pricy gifts were awarded to any lifer proles in Lego factories anywhere, circa 1982. Or that old logos were resurrected for schwag mementos in PMs during the Gold Bubble, so.... dream on.

This simulacrum is not Lego, it's something privately manufactured - sorry.

The eBay vendor's claim is full of inconsistencies. What would you expect from a trailer-park, srsly? This one-off "gold brick" is obviously not a Lego product, corkers.

5. fatima

fatima Junior Member

From the very link you posted, here an example of the logo that you say doesn't exist and matches that on the box exactly.
    33vkier.jpg

I hope you are not a trial lawyer.

If you wish to believe it's fake, that is your opinion. I've no interest in convincing you that it isn't. Someone paid $14,500 for the thing so no doubt they think differently than you about this.

6. Juan Blanco

Juan Blanco New Member

Now you're reduced to lying? Oh well, I suppose no one here believes you anyway. So no loss to your "credibility," obv

Samonsite USA had nothing to do with the Hohenwestedt factory. Totally irrelevant. btw, Samsonite lost Lego rights for USA production & distribution in 1972.
    Again, that's totally irrelevant to the 'circa 1979-81 Hohenwestedt Fake' purportedly manufactured a decade later on another continent.

So back to that cheap, generic jewelry case: there's no trade-mark next to putative "emblem" on that glued-on piece of polyester. Hardly a "match", chief.

That's neither here nor there. I reallllly doubt you're in that market, but it's obviously someone who thinks just like you. (Or just another ill-informed nebbish? LOL same-same.)

As I wrote, "a fool and his money are soon parted." That doesn't prove numismatic value either - just gullibility, aka foolishness.

7. fatima

fatima Junior Member

The image in on the very link you supplied to back up your nonsense. As I said before, I don't get into pointless battles of web links, which is all you seem to do on Coin Talk, but if you use a web site as some sort of proof or evidence, then I consider it fair game as well. You can't have it both ways.

Your own link disproves what you said period. Like everything else, at best, you simply don't know.

8. Juan Blanco

Juan Blanco New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted