Gold leaf

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by ERROR HUNTER, Feb 4, 2010.

1. ERROR HUNTER

ERROR HUNTER Coins,Stamps

I decided to buy 8 24k gold vials for 45$. Is this a good way to invest?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

I personally don't think so.

Gold is very mailable. I once heard that you can take an ounce of gold and flatten it out the size of a tennis court. I have had people bring in gold leaf quite often and I think a full index card sized sheet of the thicker leaf has about $.50 of gold in it.

Your much better taking your $40-$50 and buying something like a Mexican 2 pesos.

4. bhp3rd

bhp3rd Die varieties, Gems

Your not serious are you?

Your not serious are you?
    If they are what I think they are there is not even a gram in 10,000 of those viles.

5. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Whack Job

Ummm, did you dump the flakes out on a digital scale to see what it weighs? How do you know it is 24k?

6. krispy

krispy krispy

Gold leaf is a great way to bump up the price of decorative craft pieces. You could learn how to guild / apply gold leaf to things like picture frames as a decorative element and then sell them. You would probably have a better chance of a return on your investment based on your handiwork and the use of quality materials rather than buying and holding gold leaf, but you should be buying it in sheet form, not vials, that's just vile! :D

7. RGJohn777

RGJohn777 Junior Member

Emphatically "NO"!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a scam. It's NOT gold, it's gold colored god-knows-what. Absolute rubbish and worth nothing or slightly less.
    ----------
    For about $75 you could acquire a genuine gold coin containing about 0.0625 troy ounces of pure gold. GENUINE gold. For about $100 you could buy a 1/10'th ounce US of American gold eagle. A very cool and attractive coin and unquestionably exactly what it appears to be.
    ------------
    This 'stuff' ( please pardon my French) sold in vials is something; however that something is NOT gold. It's a swindle, pure and simple.
    -------
    Keep your wallet in your pocket a tad longer friend. Keep reading on this site and eventually make your first gold purchase. We tend to emphasize coins because any fool can identify them on sight and the EXACT gold content is easy to determine.

8. packman850

packman850 Junior Member

I don't think so it's not a very safe way to invest in gold. For that money you could have bought a 1 Gram Gold coin that is guaranteed to be real gold instead. I also see vials like that going for a about $2.95 each here with shipping so you also overpaid for yours.

9. cerdsalicious

cerdsalicious BigShot

You got janked every way you look at it...

10. I think it is better to save up your money until you can afford a 1/20, 1/10, or preferably 1/4 ounce bullion coin. TC

Draft saved Draft deleted