Gold is the Ultimate Inflation Hedge!!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by fretboard, Dec 3, 2021.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

One of the main reasons I moved to Las Vegas was because being a shooter
    you can basically go anywhere to target shoot my spot is less then 20 minutes from my house :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Yeah, it's the same in some parts of my city. :rolleyes:

4. mpcusa

i guess that depends on where you live..LOL

5. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Let's say you have a million dollars in gold. In ten years you may have a million dollars in gold, you may have $900,000, you probably will have 1.1 or 1.2M.
    Now there's no interest rates anymore, but a stock that pays 4%, you are already at 1.4M and generally quality stocks have been bullish for the last 100 years.
    So how is gold a hedge on inflation since now your 1 million 10 years ago, still might be worth 1 million 10 years later, and because of inflation the buying power is about 700,000?

baseball21 likes this.
  6. mpcusa

I look at all my PM buys as wealth storage, so don’t really trade on them

7. J.T. Parker

J.T. Parker Well-Known Member

My $29K investment in gold is presently worth $45K. I'm sure if I were knowledgeable & lucky enough to invest that same amount in stocks it 'might' have been a larger amount.
    Although the stock would not have been a 'purddy' to look at & enjoy.
    J.T.

GoldFinger1969 and slackaction1 like this.
  8. mpcusa

BTC for sure ! will finish up with 11 OZ,s of Gold this year alone in "FOAM"
    in addition to a brand new 2022 Honda Civic for my daughter paid cash
    $31K plus another 20K in cash so roughly about 70K all total for the year
    my kind of numbers :)

J.T. Parker likes this.
  9. Brian Calvert

Brian Calvert Active Member

I would say of course, and we all know it. Today, that really doesnt matter, when at the end of a cycle, market cannot go up MUCH, some, yes, but it is way overvalued.
    Banksters will create FED CBDC and try to continue shorting GOld and SIlver to control the prices. It is actually criminal what they are doing and many tell the truth, but you have your guys in a coat and a tie telling you all is good to invest fiat and lose 10% a year to inflation.
    10 year treasury at 1.5% and our own Government tells you that inflation is 7%, by admission they offer to you to buy their bonds and lose 5.5% a year. Crooks, all of them, thank god for gold and silver or there would be no way out.

Sooner or later fiat fails and all will prosper that hold. You or your kids, no later than your grandchildren.... Real estate bought right and sold right is homerun too

10. Brian Calvert

Brian Calvert Active Member

And you would have to sell it, paying 25% tax on the gains that you cant hide.... You should be able to buy gold and silver cash, and sell accordingly.

11. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

So you're straight-up assuming that we're rolling tax evasion into the calculation.

I mean, if you think the whole economic system is going to collapse, I guess that's a rational assumption -- just be careful about where, to whom, and how loudly you advocate it.

12. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Amazing payout and that was all through PayPal right? Dang, 70k profit, gotta hand it to you, you must have put in a nice size investment! :D Good on you, you did well! tmoney - Copy.gif

13. mpcusa

Actually have been playing with there
    money for over a year now, and no the
    initial investment on my trading account
    was only about 5K to begin with so a very good return :) and I am not done
    yet have a super cool 1 OZ gold coin
    coming in tomorrow, and will be adding
    another Kruger if my LCS has the one
    I need if not, may consider a Buffalo
    or type #2 AGE, as far as my other
    long term account it’s + 15k on a 5k
    investment but more conservative
    as I don’t trade that one.

fretboard likes this.
  14. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Damn, you've done really well as I was thinking you put up 10-$15,000! :D Lucky you, keep milking that cow, she's not dry yet! 112.gif

15. mpcusa

Got a milk that dog when you can....LOL

fretboard likes this.
  16. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

No, you walk the dog, feed the chickens, milk the cow and slop the hogs. C'mon Vegas get with it.. You should take that dog milking to the State Fair!!

fretboard likes this.
  17. mpcusa

Iam not sure your understanding my reference…LOL

18. crazyd

crazyd Well-Known Member

A good career/trade/profession is the ultimate way to combat inflation, recessions, etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted