Gold is the Ultimate Inflation Hedge!!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by fretboard, Dec 3, 2021.

1. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

Goodness gracious, I enjoy target shooting and have a Remington 870 with a deer slug and bird barrel for hunting, but I keep it locked in a friends garage in his gun safe. The statistics on the danger of having a gun in the house aren't a joke, I suppose now that my kids are out of the house I could get a gun safe for here, but for security I have a phone that can dial 911, a dog that sounds scary and doesn't like strangers (but she's a sweety), and good insurance. I'm not going to lose a life or take a life over mere property. It seems unnecessary and there's too much risk for me. One of my friends has quite a gun collection, he and his wife both go to the range, and he was still keeping a loaded pistol in his bedside drawer after his teenage grandson moved in (mom is having problems) until I talked to him at length about it on a number of occasions. He gets too much bad info from Facebook. Lol, I think this thread went a bit off the rails. I don't think gold is a particularly good hedge against inflation, but it's something - plus many gold coins are beautiful and historically interesting. I wish I had a "gold" collectors budget.

harrync likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

you can always do 1/10 once gold coins
    if your budget doesn’t allow 1 once

MIGuy likes this.
  4. mpcusa

5. mpcusa

6. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

Where do I sign up to get gold coins from the South of the Border? I collect the Mint's gold coins simply because they're easier to acquire. Easier, not cheaper, or better. What would be a good source? I have bought some silver coins and medals from Canada, because they are easier to get.
    I don't like the Mint in the way they do business. They advertise, produce, and promote the coins and medals, but by the time you find out about it, they are out of production. Even when you sign up to be notified when the coins are available, you would have to stay on the internet forever and I can't do that, even though I am retired. I would think it best that if you signed up to "Remind Me", when it's available, the Mint should notify you to tell you that you have 24 hours to order the coin. The customers that have requested to be a Remind Me customer and you will be charged. I'm shooting from the hip on this, but those of us the requested "Remind Me" should be given first priority. I don't like to have to stay on the computer everyday in the event the coin becomes available.
    There has got to be an honorable way of getting coins from the Mint than the way they do it now.

MIGuy likes this.
  7. mpcusa

Ebay has a pretty good selection, I think
    that it a bad example from a economic
    point of view 1/10 Oz libertads are at
    a premium as is most Mexican gold
    but you can get American examples in
    the mid $200 range, I have allot of 1/10
    Oz gold coins for those on a budget.

8. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

thanks for the information

9. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

just get 50 peso coins from any reputable source or your LCS

10. J.T. Parker

J.T. Parker Well-Known Member

Unless you are buying the 50 peso gold 'Centenarios' from a trusted LCS I recommend getting only TPG specimens.
    Seen some knock-offs in the marketplace lately.
    J.T.

11. J.T. Parker

J.T. Parker Well-Known Member

Hello mpcusa,
    Those Packmayr grips looks too small to handle the blast of that cannon.
    Hope you have 'The Wolf's' telephone # for clean up!
    Happy Holidays, J.T.

12. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

13. mpcusa

Talk about power, have already had the the 500 MAG out, talk about power
    this thing can fire up to 700 GR bullet, would you consider your average 9MM
    round is 115 GR you know what I am talking about by devastation.

14. mpcusa

15. mpcusa

everything I buy is thru a reputable dealer so I dont really worry about fakes
    APME mostly out of all the gold I own, I only have one graded coin, the premiums
    are tough to get back in most cases, I did find an exception, here it is a super
    nice Libertad in MS 70

16. mpcusa

17. mpcusa

18. mpcusa

19. mpcusa

20. mpcusa

21. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

GUNS, are evil to allot of people who are not familial with them, just like Bit-coin. Here in Missouri, they did away with the carry and conceal law courses one would have to take to get a license to carry. Now you don't need one here any ordinary person can purchase and know nothing about the weapon or even know how to load it.. what could go wrong. My guns are inside my house some loaded some not. Don't seem to have a problem with my weapons or kids

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    rte likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted