Gold is the Ultimate Inflation Hedge!!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by fretboard, Dec 3, 2021.

1. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

by the time you dig that out ............................................ too late. I'll have your bit coin and gone to the strip.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Or away on an RV road trip.

4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Really? When you're at work or away on vacation, it just hops out of that nice case and goes to town on anybody who breaks in?

MIGuy and Mr. Flute like this.
  5. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

that's just fantasy. anyone can be ambushed

MIGuy likes this.
  6. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

I would say good luck to that, if they
    can make it in they can have it, it’s a 3 1/2 hour fire safe and 5 bolt front locker
    maybe if you had 10 sticks of dynamite
    you would have a chance…LOL

7. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

They just start cutting off fingers until you open it

8. mpcusa

I hope they have a sharp knife…LOL

9. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

10. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

It was mentioned earlier that by the time the gun was out, you would probably be dead. I have the same problem. I have a 9 Mil Glock that will take a 15 cartridge magazine. I do not keep the magazine in the gun. I timed myself by holding the gun, I slipped my cartridge magazine in, and pull back the top of the gun, I would be dead. The main reason is that whoever came into my home already had his gun "locked and Loaded" and all he has to do is pull the trigger and I'm a dead coin collector. I served in the U.S. Army from 1968 to 1970. Our weapon assigned to us in basic training was an M14 rifle. I had never shot a gun before, but we practice several times before we went to the firing range to practice. I rate Expert in the M14, M16, and 45 automatic. That was the first and the last time I ever fired a gun or rifle. I would be scared to death and would not even get the magazine in my Glock. If I picked it up, I would be dead before my next breath. I went to jump school at Fort Benning, Georgia and was assigned to the 4th Brigade of the 82nd Airborne Division. The Command Sergeant Major found out that I could type, so now my weapon of choice was a manual Remmington Typewriter. As you can tell my life as a soldier was wasted as a typist. I wouldn't dare pick up my Glock. Even if the magazine was in the Glock and it was cocked, I would be dead before I pointed the gun. I would gladly open the safe and give him all the coins that are in it. Hopefully, my wife wouldn't scream or both of us would be dead, which in all probability, we will be dead.
    Now, my friends, what would you do if someone had the drop on you?

MIGuy likes this.
  11. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Demand to be returned to their regularly-scheduled vigilante fantasy already in progress, I'd guess.

Edit: to be fair, there are a lot of scenarios that involve "hearing someone crashing around downstairs in the middle of the night". Not all of them turn out to be a surprise visit home from your college-age kid.

MIGuy and rte like this.
  12. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Hmmm, frydaddy...you Italian?
    Not to worry I hear the wood be home invaders like easy targets.
    They would probably nicely ask your wife for the combos then the kids.

13. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Thanks for your service, BUT that begs to ask WTAFrick do you even have a pistol for?

If it's for defensive purposes you should be proficient with it.
    If your just going to lay down and get stepped on....
    I like to think I have a little bit of security (Especially when I'm at home) early warning and can get to a defensive position.

Boy did this topic get off the rails.:p
    Yes buy gold as a hedge...buy what you like when you like.

14. mpcusa

I have 10 different pistils .40 thru 500 MAG so take your pic LOL

15. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

you need a machine gun........... seen u shoot..... lol...........

16. mpcusa

Have a 12 gauge automatic shotgun as
    well in case all fails…LOL

Jim Dale and slackaction1 like this.
  17. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

not to worry, you're an easy target for Armenians or Latin gangs

18. rte

rte Well-Known Member

My grade school friends father had some Italian/scilian connections.
    He had a few stories from back in the 70ies.
    That's mild today, people don't value life in 3rd world countries.
    Don't think that's a good fit for us law abiding citizens today, till we all become outlaws.

FryDaddyJr likes this.
  19. rte

rte Well-Known Member

I'd bet a krugerrand that's semi auto:p

FryDaddyJr likes this.
  20. mpcusa

Full auto Sega 12 gauge, it runs around
    a bit, have 25 round drum magazine for
    it and using 3 inch double x2 buckshot
    you destroy what you hit :)

21. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I kinda joked about my proficiency with my Glock. I do have my Concealed Handgun Permit and I had to qualify on a range to get it. I've had it for almost 10 years. I do go to a pistol range a couple of times a year. I live about a mile down a dirt road and I would have a better range than an electric warning device in my home. I have a 3 year old Australian Shepherd, a Pit Bull, and a Rottweiller, a Wire Terrier, and 2 Chiweenies. Between my dogs and my neighbor's dogs, if anyone or anything got close, they would raise a ruckus that would wake the dead. Whoever it was, my dogs would be my early warning that someone was too close to the house. If they got into the house, my Australian Shepherd sleeps in our bedroom at night.
    Also, my coins ain't in my house. With all that noise, I would have to empty 15 rounds, drop the magazine, and reload before he could get his gun up.
    About 6 months ago, a deer jumped the fence to our back yard and my dogs took it down and killed it. I gave the deer away because I don't like venison.
    And thank all for your info. You never know what you may face and with the information you give us may save our lives AND our collection. Be Safe! and Be Careful! You are too valuable as an asset of information.

MIGuy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted