Gold in the raw

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Bud1 Wilson, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Bud1 Wilson

Bud1 Wilson Well-Known Member

This is a drill core of gold that I picked up in South Dakota several years ago...you can see some gold flakes in the cores. Worth about 30 cents in gold value.

S20180328_0018.jpg S20180328_0023.jpg S20180328_0024.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Is that after the cost of isolating it or before?

Bud1 Wilson likes this.
  4. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Very interesting. Can you explain more about this?

Bud1 Wilson likes this.
  5. Bud1 Wilson

As explained to me, the value of the gold contained in
    It was explained to me, that the value of the gold contained in the core sample that I posted is at about 30 cents. I expect that it costs a heck of a lot more to drill just one core sample and they had hundreds of samples in the barrel that I bought this from at $10.00 as a conversation piece.

6. Bud1 Wilson

Nat: The core sample is a TEST SAMPLE from areas that the mining company suspects contain gold. They take core samples in the hundreds and test the samples for the amount of gold contained. They have many ways of mining for gold and the core sample is a rather simple way of checking a suspected sight...less damage to the area in the event that there is no gold or not enough gold to make mining worth the effort, they use a hollow drill and remove the core...I saw dozens of mines that went hundreds of feet into mountains and under ground, it was amazing. Had I been a younger man at the time I was out there, I probably would have stayed..North and South Dakota were and are beautiful States, as were most if not all the Western States.:happy:

Nathan401 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted