Gold hits highest price in at least 5 years

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by myownprivy, Feb 19, 2020.

1. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

It will be up on Monday.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

PartisanLines.com -- or so I hear. I've never felt the temptation to look myself. I get more than enough exposure to political discussion on the entire rest of the Internet... :rolleyes:

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  4. WoodyWW

WoodyWW Junior Member

Here's why Gold is going up: b/c I, in all my wisdom, sold 2 of my gold coins last Nov. when gold was $1466. Coins I'd had since the 1970's.

May be a bit OT, but here are pics of a 1927 Saint that I sent to PCGS for grading. "Genuine, not gradable". Looks exactly like another $20 St. I have that's graded MS64. I've had it since the late 70's...... 1927 Gold $20 PCGS Genuine #2.JPG 1927 Gold $20 PCGS Genuine #3.JPG

5. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Yep. The old washing your car so it will rain story.... I feel you. There’s plenty more Saints out there.

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Just like hanging out your laundry to dry.

7. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

My first impressions was that it was very reflective and the .94 of course refers to surface enhancements such as shellac, wax, etc. They may have thought they saw tiny flaking or such. Nice. Jim

8. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

Central banks will do what they have been doing when the stock market heads south: CTRL-P. Can’t let things return to price discovery the old fashion way can we? Increasing the supply of money will be bullish for PMs. People ask who will buy. I personally do not know anyone who has exposure to metals. That could change. I have no plans on selling any of my stash regardless of what happens in the markets. I will sell only if my financial situation deteriorates. Fingers crossed.

9. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

It's that corona. Or is it politics.

I remember the Ebola scare in 2014, gold was actually a little lower that year than it is now. But this new virus does appear to be a lot more on an international scale, whereas the other was mostly concentrated in Africa.

Or all the mines are shutting down :p

10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I know what you mean but I think it's new and panic sets in awful fast. The virus doesn't affect the pm price but it does drive other things that do.

11. GoldFinger1969

I'm going to cut-and-paste this to a Saint thread, if that's OK with you.

That way we can go back-and-forth on this.

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/i-finally-got-a-20-saint-gaudens-double-eagle.323250/

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  12. GoldFinger1969

"60 Minutes" had a piece on South African gold mines a few weeks ago, and tonight (RIGHT NOW !!!) they have a piece on why gold is going up (well, one of the reasons).

Lead story, in 2 minutes....:D

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    Collecting Nut likes this.
  13. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

But, but, but..... Naked and Afraid is on!!

fretboard likes this.
  14. GoldFinger1969

Come on, "Curb Your Enthusiasm" I'll buy but not that show.....:D

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  15. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

16. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

...so was I.

17. GoldFinger1969

Just under $1,700 today.....

18. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

If that's what you hope for, then you are hoping for inflation, people dying from the virus, and general chaos. It's better to own some gold and hope it goes down in price (peace and prosperity in the world).

19. Kevin wu

Kevin wu Well-Known Member

Too early to tell , it will Go up $2000+ this year , next year even higher .

20. Kevin wu

Kevin wu Well-Known Member

PM are in bull market now , it will keep go up in next few years, hold on to you PM .

21. GoldFinger1969

November is key. Gold is disaster insurance.

The virus will pass in a few days/weeks.

Frank bugalski likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted