gold gold gold ! come and get it

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by spock1k, May 17, 2009.

1. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

just dont come looking for me if it doesnt work out :D

Gold remains ultimate form of payment
    US debt levels unsustainable – dollar losing status world reserve currency
    Gold prices required to counter balance all US public debt held in foreign hands exceed the $10.000 mark
    China, Russia calling for new world reserve currency
    Gold is sneaking its way towards the $1000 barrier again which is prompting as usual the gold bears to come out swinging declaring the end of the bull market for gold. For newcomers to the gold market it’s very confusing to hear ultra bearish reports from one side calling gold prices to crash, some even predicting gold to crash below the $300 mark while from the other side they’re hearing ultra bullish reports calling for gold prices heading to $5000, some even predicting gold prices to top $10,000. Well, that’s quite a difference and sure enough some analysts will be proven terribly wrong over the next few years.

In my previous piece ‘Gold Heading for $200 or $10.000’ part I wrote a fictive exchange between a staunch gold bull and a newcomer to the gold market being fed with all bearish arguments for gold you can think of. This piece was received very well since it was a real eye-opener especially for newcomers what gold is all about and why it is so much hated by governments today. Readers having missed that piece can read it HERE.

This update is again aimed at newcomers to the gold market and shines a light on all fundamental reasons to own gold.

When I started writing about gold 7 years ago (2002) it was my aim to paint a clear picture about gold’s strong fundamentals pointing to significant higher gold prices the years ahead. I started writing a Gold Drivers Report discussing all critical drivers (declining dollar, increase demand, decline supply, negative real rates, come back in monetary system and record high short positions) that were pointing all to much higher gold prices indeed.

Now after 7 years one could easily argue that the Gold Drivers Report has been a lucky shot indeed since gold did appreciate from $250 to almost $1000 but to set things straight, I’m not writing this piece to prove up my point for the last seven years but to make the case for a record run still ahead of us. Especially during times like these where many gold bears are screaming ‘SELL’ it’s good to know where gold came from, why it did rise from $250 to $1000 in the first place and how the critical drivers that lifted gold are affected these days.

So gold bull over or $5000 gold?

read more here

http://www.coinnews.tv/Gold-to-Two-Hundred-or-Ten-Thousand.htm

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pepperoni

Pepperoni Senior Member

On point !

I have been a long time investor of the usual items, stock ,realestate ,cash, & metals.
    There are some exotic instruments out there but the degree of leverage is out of hand. Some will win but most will lose.
    I have collected gold starting in 1986. It was a hedge, and I really like art. Gold seem to be able to satisfy both needs. I have continued cost averaging for three + decades. Of all investments including the buying and selling of stocks etc. ,gold has been a top item on the return line.
    I only buy and do not sell. Some times I pick up the pace a bit more than others.
    Thank you for the time you have put in or your articles and research !

Pep

4. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

thanks, there will be others out there trying to skin me just coz they dont like an article i posted. i am glad as long as it helps even one person :)

5. JoeSmith

JoeSmith Member

The link at HERE is not installed or something, it isn't "clickable".

I read the article, and agree more or less. I didn't know about France. After saving them in 2 world wars, its no surprise they wanted our gold too. I don't know how they ever got freed. Germany occupied them, we kicked out the germans, so why didn't we own them? Instead of taking their gold, we give them ours. But actually France did us a favor, pointing out and exploiting the fact that we couldn't cover our money with gold. The big lie about paper money began a long time ago. Its been so ligitimized that people with my view point are the odd balls.

People, the reason money is worth something is because its worth something. The only reason paper money was ever worth anything is because you could trade it in for real money, gold and silver. We've been experimenting with pretend money, and that can't go on. There are various senarios I can imagine for the last days (of our fiat currency), and the most likely I think is a world currency. I'm still not sure how that affects the price of gold, (although I'd guess it means it goes up).

Spock, I'd like to read all your stuff. The web site you gave had a HERE link that didn't work (as well as the HERE link in your post).

6. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

For now that is probably the correct strategy, but someday it will be wrong. Sooner or later even gold will become overvalued again.

7. claw

claw Senior Member

Good stuff Spock. Keep it up!!

8. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

i will get all the gold if i have the money.

9. clembo

clembo A closed mind is no mind

Hmmm....

Gold is undervalued but don't leave out silver folks. Premiums are high on both although they've settled a bit.

We tend to follow these things at work as we buy and sell enough of both. In the recent past we were buying OVER spot to meet the demand. As I mentioned it has settled down - now we're paying 5% back of spot on Krugerands.
    I sold mine at spot and bought junk silver with it because the ratios were right from what I originally paid by trading in silver. I gained 20 ounces of silver in the deal.
    Ratios gets right again and I'll trade it in for gold.

What I DO NOT suggest is buying gold "on paper" or silver for that matter. I want the actual metal. It's easily sold and when premiums are high sells for more than the "paper" variety.

Our markets are being manipulated folks. If you're going to buy put in your hand physically.

Draft saved Draft deleted