Gold for sub $1100 on eBay right now

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by throwbackid, Jul 22, 2015.

1. throwbackid

throwbackid Well-Known Member

Apmex on eBay is selling 1 oz gold Pamp bars for $1125 but they are ebucks eligible and with CC rewards that's like $1080 in my pocket. Let it rain I'll build a gold fort.

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

I just paid $1128 and also got a half eagle. Thank you for the head's up!

4. I.L. McDougal

I.L. McDougal Active Member

Sounds completely excellent. Can you explain how this works?

5. Brett_in_Sacto

UPDATE: It appears they pulled the Ebay Bucks on these (luckily they did after I got mine!). So make sure you check to see if they are offered on this purchase before you pull the trigger and expect them.

Ebay members can sign up for "Ebay Bucks" which is basically a buyer's reward program. Once you are signed up, most purchases qualify. Usually bullion is excluded from Ebay Bucks, in this case it wasn't. So on top of the low price, you get 2% rewards credit towards another purchase on Ebay.

Add on to this the fact that if you have a credit card that pays rewards and you use it with your PayPal account - you also get rewards money/points from your credit card.

In this case, I got 2% Ebay Bucks ($22.57) plus 2% cash back from my credit card ($22.57) so my net cost on the bar was $1083.51 (original cost $1128.65).

I'm hoping that once Throwback Kid's gold fort is built, that he'll invite us all over to play "Liberties and Indians."

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    throwbackid likes this.
  6. Brett_in_Sacto

Eureka! Double the fun! For the record - I'm building my own fort!

Eureka - Gold.jpg

Mr Roots likes this.
  7. stewart dandis

stewart dandis Well-Known Member

Why not wait until it hits around $700 an ounce?

bkozak33 likes this.
  8. Brett_in_Sacto

Let me know what day that will be and I'll mark my calendar. While I'm at it, have you got next week's winning lotto numbers? :)

throwbackid likes this.
  9. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I didn't think they gave eBayBucks for bullion...

Update...maybe it does cover it!

eBay: "Coins & Paper Money, but only for Bullion within that category."

http://pages.ebay.com/rewards/terms.html

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  10. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Well obviously the gentlemen cannot predict the date, but from my point of view, the logic is sound. I realize that that there are no crystal balls and GOLD may NEVER trade in the 700's again, but maybe the best strategy would be not to buy Gold at all then. So we wait until 700-750, if it never gets there, buy something with a more attractive valuation. If it does get there, then boom you are in at a price point that you are much more likley to turn a profit at. IMO commodities should really only be bought when you believe the valuation is below fair value.

11. Brett_in_Sacto

I'm sticking to my plan of consistent investment and buying the dips on the way down. You could be right, and if it gets that low, I'll be buying more to lower my DCA. Meanwhile, history shows low points in the late summer months being somewhat consistent. My plan was to buy the next opportunity - and I did. I'm in for the long haul.

12. stewart dandis

stewart dandis Well-Known Member

Remember $1900+ gold in 2012.....and it ain't stopped yet....:D

I don't play the lotto or buy bullion, why throw money away?

13. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Ok, but why waste time, which is money, on a bullion investing section of a message board? You should probably waste some of that money or time on something more worthy...

14. Mr Roots

Mr Roots Underneath The Bridge

Lady Fortune is a lot nicer looking in gold than silver in my opinion.

15. Mr Roots

The word fort is in fortuna....it's a sign...to sell me that Trout at melt x2 and buy more gold for the fort.

16. Brett_in_Sacto

I am a proud contrarian, and I've done well being one - after spending the first decade or so of adult life as a follower of the markets - and losing.

If gold hits 700, the pundits will claim it could go to 500 (and a few will get back on their $5000 soap box too). And it very well could, at which point I'd be buying even more and doubling down.

Pundits also said not to buy real estate in the year 2000 - and I did - and won.

And they said not to sell stocks in 2000 (liquidated and bought a house - see above - thankfully right before the dot-bomb).

Pundits said not to sell gold at $1800 - it was going to $5000 - I sold - booking solid profits.

Pundits also said not to buy real estate in 2010 - and I did - and won (again).

Pundits said a lot of things over the years. I've learned to be a contrarian and when everyone is on the bandwagon, anticipate the next move before they realize what it is.

Time will tell. But I don't follow any of the news pundits - sometimes they get so wrapped up in the hooplah - they miss the obvious signs.

enron.jpg

17. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Who knows, possibly the gentleman started coming to the Bullion boards because he got caught up in the hype but instead of being one of the lemmings, he read ALL the opinions and came to the conclusion buying Bullion was not the way to go which saved him a buttload. Don't seem like a waste of time to me.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  18. Mr Roots

How much is in a buttload....My buttload to troy ounce to USD app isn't working.

19. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Did you adjust the internal flux setting to reflect the current rate of hard goods depreciation?????

Mr Roots likes this.
  20. Mr Roots

No, but after about 10 minutes in the bathroom I figured out there's more platinum in a buttload than gold in a buttload.

mikem2000 likes this.
  21. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Well, in most cases but it really depends on diet ;)

Mr Roots likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted