Gold at the Mint?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by jf7fsu, Oct 13, 2007.

1. jf7fsu

jf7fsu Member

Any word on when the mint is gonna reprice the gold coins and get them back up on the website?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickyb

rickyb With a name like Ricky...

no i dont think so

4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Probably not until they think the price has stabilized and is unlikely to continue going up.

5. wallyblackburn

wallyblackburn New Member

Would it be that difficult for them to update it regularly or make it so that it is based on yesterday's close or something?

Oh wait, we *are* talking about the government here aren't we? It would take a month just to get the committee together to decide that a price change was in order...:rolling:

Wally

6. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

I personally think that we will not see them for sale again this year! The 2007 "W" unc could be a sleeper in the long term...
    I suppose only time will tell.

RickieB

7. vwap

vwap New Member

(I need a delete button! :))

8. vwap

vwap New Member

Never mind.

Why the 2007 W unc and not the 2007 P (at least, I see people selling 2007 with no W, advertised as from the Philly mint)?

9. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

Any word on when the mint is gonna reprice the gold coins and get them back up on the website?

TODAY

10. RickieB

Well sure enough..the mint put them back on sale the day I post my thoughts..LOL..
    Well at least I made a prediction, wrong though it may have been..I am man enough to admit it..LOL!! :D

RickieB

11. bama guy

bama guy Coin Hoarder

Ricky I almost posted that I did not think they would be out this year. I am curious now on how long these coins will be available if gold keeps inching up. Sure wish i knew if the Platinum anniversary sets will be made. I have sold enough blood and picked up enough beer cans to make one purchase.

12. RickieB

Howdy Bamaguy...my thoughts exactly..gold is moving and will correct a little here and there but I see it going to 800-850 in the next 4-6 months..that is why I posted that statement! Let me go out on a limb and say that before the 2008 "W" burnished die comes out they will be pulled off again.

RickieB

13. vwap

vwap New Member

I don't know when the previous Anniversary sets were released, but isn't it getting a bit late in the year for the Mint to announce/release a new set?

14. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Considering they traditionally end taking orders for the bullion coins in early December I'd say yes.

Draft saved Draft deleted