Gold at Costco?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by numist, Oct 4, 2023.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

They should have some kind of contract
    with the mint are who ever there getting
    there supply from, if they constantly sell
    out maybe they should get a clue, what’s
    the point if there’s no availability…

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. pmbug

pmbug Taking steps on my thousand mile journey

Found just now:

costco-maple.jpg

mpcusa likes this.
  4. mpcusa

That’s pretty cool, are they selling eagles
    and Krugerrands ? don’t really do maples.

5. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Costco selling silver eagle's also.

6. mpcusa

I wonder how often the change the price as
    of this minute it’s 2,074 which would be
    $3.00 under spot :)

7. mpcusa

I wish I could wrap my head around silver
    I only have on graded example left a 2021
    Silver libertad PR70DCAM not a terribly expensive coin but I am waiting for the
    Milk spots to appear anytime now..LOL

8. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

It's been a long time since I've posted. I had some issues that turned me off the hobby for a long time, but I'm slowly getting back in.

For those wondering, Costco does sell out quickly. I've now bought 3 ounces of gold from them. All Pamp Fortuna bars in separate orders. They deliver in a day or two - and require signature. I had a local coin shop validate them with a digital tester. They are real, they are legit. There was no sales tax on them - California of all places and I made sure of that. As we all know, there's no sales tax on transactions over $1200 for investing in bullion. I'm not buying eagles at a $6 premium - but you can try adding them to your cart with 3 tubes and see if you get sales tax applied.

They had 100 gram bars from RAND literally for $10 under melt at the time, and by the time I added one and went to checkout - they were sold out.

It's one of those things where if you look daily in the morning, you might get lucky. But I can confirm that they are legit.

Bonus tip - for Costco executive members, you do get the 2% cash back added to your account and you can buy on a credit card. So I get 2% on credit card purchases, 2% for Costco cash back - and saved 4% on each purchase. I was literally able to flip them immediately to a local dealer for a small profit.

Happy hunting!

Barney McRae, pmbug and numist like this.
  9. numist

numist Member Supporter

10. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

I would have thought that too, but... when I contacted customer service and asked specifically what they did to ensure that what they were selling was legitimate, they had no answer and were entirely relying on a gold dealer (for my two bars) in New York City that ignored my email and phone calls!

11. pmbug

pmbug Taking steps on my thousand mile journey

Well I'll be! I went by my local Costco this morning and they had 1 toz gold Buffalos on sale for $2,399 (limit 5 per customer) and 10 toz silver bars for $329. I wonder if my talk with that manager a couple weeks ago had anything to do with it.

rte likes this.
  12. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

That would've been a screaming deal twelve hours or so ago, before spot dropped from $2386 to $2301... :eek:

pmbug likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted