Gold and silver down again...

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by fish4uinmd, Jul 17, 2015.

1. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Go (down)! Go (down)! Go (down)!

Twobit, xCoin-Hoarder'92x and dwhiz like this.
  4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

It's unlikely to go below zero. :)

5. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

As the economy recovers and the fear subsides, PM's will slide back close to where they were when the crash and fear began in 2008.

serafino likes this.
  6. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

7. statequarterguy

The flaw in that analysis is they pick a pre-crisis price of $873 in 1980. The pre 2008 crisis price was $400 to $600 - the $873 1980 price was when gold skyrocket for a short time and then fell back to $400.

In addition, what's not factored into that analysis is the "panic factor". As gold slides back to the pre 2008 economic crash price, there most likely will be panic selling, which would cause gold to go below the 2008 price.

I'm looking forward to the new low price, as I'll rebuy my gold collection I sold when gold was around $1,600.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  8. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

good time to buy silver.

xCoin-Hoarder'92x likes this.
  9. statequarterguy

All of my previous post applies to silver too.

10. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

so buy or wait ? (silver)

11. statequarterguy

That's up to you. I do not buy into a market that's trying to crash, trying to return to its pre-panic level. But then, I can't see the future, so the next crisis could come along and the panic could start all over again. As for me, if PM's do ever get back to the pre 2008 level, I'll probably put some away for the next crisis.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    Gipper1985 and spirityoda like this.
  12. coinzip

coinzip Well-Known Member

The armchair economists on TV are saying gas prices will dip below 2 bucks a gallon this summer.... if oil goes that low PM's will follow.

13. statequarterguy

Yep, and all due to ending embargos on Iran - now Iranian oil enters our market - love it.

14. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

Then why is our Cali gas going up up up!?!?

15. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

How long was that embargo for?

16. statequarterguy

The Iranian oil hasn't hit the market yet. The projection is for $2 gas by September.

This is probably a factor in the current PM decline. Lower fuel costs = a better economy = lower PM prices.

17. statequarterguy

I think since the 1980's.

18. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Because you are being taxed and paying the penalty of having your gas trucked to you.

19. statequarterguy

Of course those are factors determining what a local will pay - still every local should see a significant decline in what they pay around September.

20. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

By the end of the year silver could be around $10. or less and I'm loving it. :)

spirityoda likes this.
  21. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

Oil companies do not want to see $2. gas. They will fabricate some sort of reason to jack the prices up.

Draft saved Draft deleted