Gold and Oil vs unemployment

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Pepperoni, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Every one that discusses bullion and or investing is far superior to the mindless political babble in a few recent threads.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TomCorona

TomCorona New Member

Maybe we need an additional forum for specifically politics, world events that are integrated with currency issues. Then, people know what they're heading into and can read, post, or not at their leisure. Obviously, people like to talk about it, or the threads would die all by themselves. Is is indeed censorship, but I don't guess a democracy is what you sign up for when in here.

4. krispy

krispy krispy

It's not censorship, just learn how to use the forum and place in the correct categories such as the specific category for Politics Religion and World Events: http://www.prweforum.com/

5. billp4

billp4 Member

Maybe if you don't like the thread you shouldn't read it and stop trying to play nanny. IMO

It's the current political situation that renewed my long-time interest in collecting both bullion and numismatic coins and I for one think this thread is appropriate (except for all the complaining).

And yes, the evidence points to the fact it was an inside job.

6. krispy

krispy krispy

Thanks for the cynicism, that's what this thread needed to really round out the overall tone!

7. Boss

Boss Coin Hoarder

Well I have stated how I feel. This is not a democracy. If it was people could have free speech. If you didn't agree with what someone said you can rebute. IMHO it comes down to this: you have 2 groups of people. People who want to believe the the future is bright and hope is just around the corner (my in laws are in that club!) and those who don't believe so. Those who don't want their cage rattled censor the doomsdayers. I just say let the truth reign. If the doomsdayers are wrong the rebute accordingly. Telling people to go to another site is silly. People like this site and want to talk about coins, bullion and the PRWE that directly impacts the value and desire for the coins and bullion. It like discussing famous art but telling people not to mention the artists. Makes no sense.

8. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

For some reason, people love to talk about politics on sites meant for other purposes because "they like this site." Somehow, they think there is some sort of democratic right of free speech to do so and that rules = censorship. This is childish behavior. You don't hunt on your favorite golf course because you like it there. You don't scuba dive at the public pool because you like it there. You don't jog on the track at a NASCAR race because you like it there. You don't practice karate at Church on Sunday because you like it there. Countless sites are ruined by people who insist on talking politics. Don't make this one of them.

9. krispy

krispy krispy

There are more than two types of people. Rushing to oversimplify that alone excludes a democracy and limits everyone's free speech. This is a democracy, you have free speech and you are expressing it. Don't act like you're repressed and unable to voice it, that's pathetic sounding. It's too bad that too many doomsayers see or perceive doom on the horizon and strive only to protect their own material possessions rather than to protect and defend a bright future for all. This discourse is soiled by bitterness and unfounded opinions, humans erring over personal issues with ego and pride instead of lending to humanities well being. Express what you must, say doom if you see the warning signs, but represent the truth instead of allowing for the potential misleading thoughts strung together by hopeless headlines attempting to liquidate understanding of reality and humanity over a bunch of rocks.

10. krispy

krispy krispy

Nicely put!

11. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Well whatever you want to call it, this thread is closed. There is a place to discuss it - do it there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.