Gold $2000 silver $30 can it be?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by spock1k, Feb 20, 2009.

1. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

I say gold will reach 2000 and silver $30 what say you my hearties.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

over half of your estimate is alright for me.

4. sittinguy

sittinguy Member

I never get tired of watching gold go up :)

If gold goes too $2000, that will probably mean the economy has totaly collapsed. You may want to invest in lead.

5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I am all for it personally, but it will mean that everything else is beyond crash level and the world in general is suffering. Sri Lanka shuts airport after an air raid??? Things like this will become daily in that scenario.

Jim

6. Aslanmia

Aslanmia Active Member

It will reach it... the question is when.

7. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

let's get the gold pass $1,000.00 today.

8. Aslanmia

Aslanmia Active Member

Gold just hit $1000.10 according to my ticker!!

Whoops... back down to $999.80... never mind... ;)

9. pbryan

pbryan Member

I have little doubt that sometime in the future we will see $2000 gold and $30 silver. However, you don't give a time frame for your estimates. I'd be surprised to see $2000 gold in the next year... within the next 10 years is a different story.

I also believe that silver has a bigger upward potential. Increasing demand and dwindling supply will push silver faster than gold. Your $2000/$30 projection is a 66:1 ratio. I would not be surprised to see that come down significantly in the next few years, maybe 40:1 ($2000/$50) or 30:1 ($2000/$66), or even better. Some even project that sometime in the foreseeable future silver will out value gold, simply due to supply and demand.

--Paul

10. Aslanmia

Aslanmia Active Member

I understand what you're saying Paul, but lets not forget what happened to platinum this past year or two. The price got so high that industry had to start exploring alternatives... now it's not worth much more then gold. The same will probably happen to silver.

11. Luis

Luis Senior Member

I think that is just wishful thinking. On the long run, maybe. On a more short-term, the market will correct itself.

12. pbryan

pbryan Member

While I'm sure that will happen in some cases, it's a little different story with silver vs. platinum.

Platinum's industrial usage applications in many cases can be substituted with Palladium or Rhodium, especially in catalyst applications, which are a large part of Platinum's industrial use.

Silver on the other hand has several unique properties that make it much more difficult to substitute another metal in it's place.

Some interesting info here: http://www.silverinstitute.org/

--Paul

13. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

The IMF will step in before they let gold hit $2K an ounce. There is talk of the IMF dumping a couple of hundred tonnes of gold on the market as a counter to the price increase, and also to shore up sagging currencies.

14. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I don't know. I'd like to sell-off some, but I don't see anything in the market that's going to threaten that upward trend.

15. maksimfa

maksimfa New Member

Thank you, the voice of reason. =)

16. Danr

Danr Numismatist

Nah, it aint gonna happen.

17. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

It will happen by the end of the 3rd quarter begining of the 4th. And silver can replace PM in catalytic converters. And is being used as antimicrobiological, antifungal in clothing and appliances and isulation on windows.

18. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

smell the coffee its already half way there :rolleyes:

Right o Noost now we are talking any more insights that can help us get rich quick :D BTW how did u come up with those dates.

19. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

Thats what I keep hearing. Market confidence is low and things will get worse before they get better. Stimulus won't hit us 'till early ott 10, so that won't help right away. Plus, alot of people are scared and scarred.
    BTW, I am not responsible for anyones negative actions in using my posts for financial advise. OTOH if you make $$$......

Draft saved Draft deleted