Getting really close to entering the Rhodium arena, how about you ?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mpcusa, Sep 7, 2017.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Your graph says it all: too much volatility

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Pass.......I remain traditional.

5. mpcusa

Sorry wife called me to dinner before i got a chance to finish...LOL

6. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I just found out there was a rhodium arena..

Dougmeister likes this.
  7. mpcusa

I posted that chart, which shows 2000, 2017 figures as we all know we are all
    Looking for past performances as a possible indicator for future results so take
    It for what it,s worth, having been watching for the past few months and it has
    already gone up roughly $150, my kind of numbers :).

will we ever see $10,000 OZ again like June of 08 ? who knows but it is possible
    Rhodium is top dog in rarity and only a couple mines in South Africa mine it, so
    shortages are a real possibility, the current price is $1,155.00 per OZ, so there
    is plenty of room for growth, in comparison gold,s record high was a mere $1,900
    in 2011 with prices now at $1,349.73, so there is only a difference of around $600
    to get to the ceiling, so it,s something to consider :)

8. mpcusa

[​IMG]

Here,s the one year Rhodium chart which shows really good growth

9. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

One can always diversify, but, Rhodium isn't exactly a household name like gold or silver. I consider it a pretty high risk.

Still, who knows? In this game you unfortunately don't know until you do.

10. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Sorry, I get motion sickness.

11. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I thought the point was to buy before it goes up and sell after? ;)

Swan and green18 like this.
  12. brandon spiegel

brandon spiegel Brandon Spiegel

It also appears as though there is a base level that the price has not gone below. I am not too familar with rodanium prices beyond the chart that you have though.

13. mpcusa

I,am looking at the possible growth potential, from it,s ultimate high of 10K per
    OZ, and it is showing steady gains over the past couple of months, looking at
    The charts past performances so personally i like what i see, and i am all about
    Diversification :)

brandon spiegel likes this.
  14. mpcusa

yes, that,s the point it is on it,s way up in my opinion, what ever that,s worth LOL
    Based on the high spot of 10K it,s actually at the bottom of the scale.

15. mpcusa

Rhodium is for sure the odd fellow of the PM group, sure you have Gold, Silver,Platinum and even Palladium but Rhodium, not many people of heard
    Of that as a matter of fact your really only have a few options on most
    of them are from the baird mint in the UK, and yes the premiums are on the
    high side but the potential is there, and yes the risk is there but like anything
    else to risk no reward !

16. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

Someone spray paint a dog turd and argue it will be the next investment opportunity. Mpcusa will probably bite.

17. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

I don't think I would want to buy the physical metal but perhaps a position with a rhodium miner (if there is such a thing) may be worth considering as a long term prospect.

18. nameless

nameless Member

The 10k spike was the doing of a Car Manufacturing company executive ... If you're gonna go platinum based metals then maybe split your investment between rhodium, palladium, and iridium. Be careful though... not sure what the refineries will pay you when you cash out or if they even will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandon spiegel likes this.
  19. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

And you sir, shall remain Nameless. Welcome to the forum. :)

20. mpcusa

There is always going to be manipulation in the market, that,s a given, personally
    I like to spread it around so i don,t get caught with my pants down..LOL
    That,s why i stay balanced, i have holdings in Gold (coins and bars) Platinum (coins)
    Palladium (bars) Silver (coins and bars), i am going to add some rhodium soon
    staying balanced helps you avoid the pit falls in case one metal takes a dump !

Not sure if i would go the iridium route though there,s enough risk management
    In what i have already..LOL

21. Mr Roots

Mr Roots Underneath The Bridge

Who will you ever sell it to? Kitco?

Go to the old SilverSeeker threads from 2007-2009 if you want a good laugh. Even the people who timed it right couldn't sell their sponges. The 10k spike was all because of one man trying to make his books look good for the fiscal year so he sold all his companies thinking he could buy back 5000 ounces a month at the same price....No one buys physical Rhodium, just opening the package with the sponge will loose you 25%.

Draft saved Draft deleted