Free Money!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by yakpoo, Aug 7, 2011.

1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Interesting.

And where the devil is Yak? Still in the field? Time to come in dear fellow........:)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. avr5700

avr5700 Member

So, if all 50K of the special sets sell, we will end up with ~444K 2012 dime/halves, which makes them ~130K less numerous (about 22.6% fewer of them vs 2011).

Had the mint produced many more of the 2012's and left them on sale for all of 2013, they may well have exceeded the 2011's by the end of this year. So one big question now is how many of the 2013 sets will be made? Since that information is unlikely to be made available, the question becomes one of prediction based on trending. How likely does it seem that the mint will reduce production for the 2013s?

If economic conditions further depress matters for years to come, it seems safe to say that we are still far from the low water mark with respect to these sets.

4. kruptimes

kruptimes Member

Not bragging, but I posted this on April 13th. ( well ok, maybe I am ) :devil:

It's notable several 2012 products were closed out at years end. Is this a clue of restricting future sales to the coin's date? Just for economic reasons, it would make perfect sense to limit production to demand. And if so, this would lead me to believe 2013 will have a lower mintage. To make up for lost production, the mint will have high expectations on the Special Set.

Since the price of the silver quarter set hasn't changed from last year, I doubt if we will see the rumored bullion quarters. Nevertheless I'm anticipating my order. So will the Silver Proof Mint Set be bullion or coin silver? Will they intergrate the change during the production run? If so the Silver Quarter Set could start at 90% and change over to .999 Looking forward when the lucky someone posts the first find.

This is all good, but production limits must be revered. As an example, the Perth Mint has experienced much duress over new sets offering products thought to be exclusive and limited. So with the Silver Quarter Proof Set, the Special Set and the Silver Proof Mint Set we can expect XXX,XXX production. If the mint offers any surprises to these 3, it will be to their detriment.

5. definer

definer definitely....! LOL

I'm certainly glad my fiancee convinced me to buy a 2012 set at the Union Station Mint store in DC. Seems that $67.95 might have been a good investment!

6. 2schnauzers2luv

2schnauzers2luv Junior Member

11544.jpg

Really quiet around here. I have a few more Barber halves to get then I'll post all my Barber dimes, quarters and halves. All are Good 4 or VG's that I got out of junk silver boxes from various dealers at or very near melt. I still think at this point in time they're FREE MONEY and maybe more so later. I don't know.
    P.S. Anybody hear from Yak yet? And where's Kasia?

7. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Hiddy-Hiddy
    Hiddy-Hiddy
    Hiddy-Hiddy

HO!!!

[​IMG]

I just checked eBay and see that the 2012 Silver Proof sets are selling for over $100 each!!!

...and what do we call that, Boy & Girls?

That's RIGHT!!! FREE MONEY!!!

[​IMG]

8. Clint

Clint Member

Now that's the yak we know and love.

9. pocketdealer

pocketdealer New Member

Its hard to touch these sets at ask let alone bid price!

10. New collector

New collector Member

Being new to this site, I found this thread very interesting. I just received the 2012 silver set for 94.50 + 4.95 from Golden Eagle coin, but the older sets are better priced on EBAY. I have my order in for the 2013 set from the mint.

11. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

As I prepare for my first 2013 "Free Money" post, I got derailed by products on the US Mint website that just don't make any sense (not to me, anyway). I was hoping someone could explain what the Mint is doing...

1. N91: 2011 America the Beautiful Circulating Coin Set...$11.95
    2. N95: 2012 America the Beautiful Circulating Coin Set...$5.95

Note: Both descriptions say...
    3. N94: 2012 America the Beautiful Uncirculated Coin Set...$12.95 (Sold Out)

First off, why is the US Mint selling circulated coins and why are the 2011 and 2012 sets priced so differently? Secondly, why would anyone want circulated coins when they can get the uncirculated ones for just a little more? If a collector wanted circulated coins, wouldn't he/she simply look for them in change...at face value?

Does anyone know what the Mint is doing? :scratch:

12. chip

chip Novice collector

I think that the circulating coin sets are not handled as carefully as the uncirculated sets are.

13. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

LOL...they're probably all the ones the FED got tired of storing and sent back! :thumb:

Mint Director: "If we can sell some of these to the Coin Collecting Chumps, that will be less we have to melt."

14. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Yak, I think you should start a new thread for "2013 Free Money".

15. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Not a bad idea...

Btw, you have GOT to have the best Posts:Liked ratio (34%) I've ever seen! :thumb:

I guess it helps when you're "Breezy"...:too-cool-for:

16. coinguy-matthew

coinguy-matthew Ike Crazy

I wonder who has the most likes on CT?

17. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Not me...:devil:
    Say! you have an even higher ratio...52%!!! :hail:

18. Windchild

Windchild Punic YN, Shahanshah

I know one Ancient Coin collector has 411% Posts:Liked ratio

Don't know if that is the highest though...

19. coinguy-matthew

coinguy-matthew Ike Crazy

20. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Actually, I may not have said that correctly. I think you're supposed to divide the larger into the smaller to get the ratio (%)...so that would be Liked:posts.

Are you saying there's someone with 4 times more Likes than Posts!! That would be incredible!! :eek:

That's someone I would like to buy a beer...:cheers:

21. Windchild

Windchild Punic YN, Shahanshah

I realized that... Yes, one Ancient Coin Collector has 4.11(repeating) likes for every post made.

Draft saved Draft deleted